Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Machine Rest

5 posters

Go down

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Empty Lee Machine Rest

Post by LenV 3/11/2017, 7:50 pm

If it ever stops raining here on the Oregon coast (fat chance of that) I plan on some serious range time with a bunch of 22's and different ammo. I have been thinking about it for quite awhile now and have 6 or so pistols I want to test. I got a wild hair up my well you know today and spent the day in the shop. Along with working on crab gear I decided to tinker with my Lee rest. This one jig will now hold all of the models on this list. 1911, 952, 52, 39, 41, 46, High Standard (military) and Buckmark Hunter. It is going to be a long day.

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Dscf1113

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Dscf1114
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Empty Re: Lee Machine Rest

Post by LenV 3/12/2017, 3:57 pm

Still working on this. Ruger 22/45 and S&W 22A can be added to list. I think that's it until I find a Mk 4 Hunter some day.

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Dscf1115
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/23/2017, 5:23 pm

You are going to want to weld a chunk of angle iron that goes from the bottom plate, all the way to the top screw hole.  There is going to be too much flex in your design that will prevent you from seeing the results that you are looking for.

....don't ask how I know this...

I made mine a mirror image of yours.  The angle iron came up and worked like a thumb rest.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/23/2017, 5:51 pm

Good idea. I have been worried about that very thing since I removed the extra metal to fit HS mag release. Sounds like back to the shop. Thanks

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 11/21/2017, 5:28 pm

Len, your set up is for a LH shooter?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 11/21/2017, 6:32 pm

Nope. It is set up for a right hand shooter that shoots a lot of Herrett Nationals grips. I have to take the right side grip off to get it on the rest so I just made them all fit on the right side. Either way you mount them they are a little offset and this way I can keep the left side with the thumb rest on the pistol. It works.

Len
lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Dscf0611
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinPrecision 11/26/2017, 4:24 am

LenV wrote:If it ever stops raining here on the Oregon coast 

Hello, I am a fellow Oregonian. I was born here, HATE rain now. I digress, I found "rite in the rain" printer paper. I drew up some targets and took them and the paper to Staples and had them print them off. Now I have water resistant / maybe water proof targets. Check it out!

PaladinPrecision

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 11/26/2017, 10:41 am

Nice idea. It won't keep you dry going back and forth however. I practice a lot in the rain and made a hood that fits over our standard frame. I can post 4 targets at same time. Cuts rain time down and mostly keeps targets dry. Mostly.

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Dscf0612
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinPrecision 11/26/2017, 7:52 pm

Nice, I use software to measure my shots, so it's nice to have nice crisp holes in the paper. I have snivel gear for the walk to the targets. . You are out there on the coast, so you probably have sideways rain lol.

PaladinPrecision

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 11/26/2017, 9:21 pm

PaladinPrecision wrote:
LenV wrote:If it ever stops raining here on the Oregon coast 

Hello, I am a fellow Oregonian. I was born here, HATE rain now. I digress, I found "rite in the rain" printer paper. I drew up some targets and took them and the paper to Staples and had them print them off. Now I have water resistant / maybe water proof targets. Check it out!

Paladin, are you able to find and shoot with the Willamette Valley Pistol League?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinPrecision 11/26/2017, 9:30 pm

I am JUST getting into bullseye. I am a member of ARPC, but haven't even talked to anyone at the club about bullseye. I haven't even seen bullseye on our website (arpc), but I will try to make the jan 7 match. I will rock my CZ and see what I can throw up on the paper.

PaladinPrecision

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 11/26/2017, 10:46 pm

ARPC is a member of and has its own WVPL team. Just a heads up. The league is 22 only. Neat format though. All skill levels welcome. A scratch and a handicap match every match.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PaladinPrecision 11/27/2017, 2:09 am

LenV wrote:ARPC is a member of and has its own WVPL team. Just a heads up. The league is 22 only. Neat format though. All skill levels welcome. A scratch and a handicap match every match.
Well, that sucks. I don't own a single 22 pistol, certainly no access to get my hands on a decently accurate model. 

What do you shoot? I was thinking about getting a 22/45 and have the barrel sleeved or getting a new barrel.

PaladinPrecision

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 11/27/2017, 4:06 am

All you need is a good Ruger Mark II and have Roddy down here fix it up. 

This MkII has a Roddy trigger job and stipples only.  The 5 shots are at 25 yards, two hands arm rested from the wrist back (the hands and gun were not supported)

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Ruger110

Same gun at 50' offhand practice session, slowfire left, sustained right, sight adjusted between

lee rest - Lee Machine Rest  Ruger_10
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down