Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KKM Barrels

+9
james r chapman
LenV
jglenn21
robert84010
javaduke
Chris Miceli
SW-52
joy2shoot
Jon Eulette
13 posters

Go down

KKM Barrels Empty KKM Barrels

Post by Jon Eulette Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 pm

I've been shooting and building with KKM barrels in 9mm & 45 for the last year with regularity. I wanted to recommend the KKM for lead bullets. I've had excellent results since I've been using them. Their short chambers are better than Kart's barrels. In many cases with the Kart barrels the heafspace is predetermined by the barrel manufacturing instead of the pistolsmith. That's one reason Jerry makes his own barrels now; he has complete control. The Karts require using a standard SAAMI spec reamer because they run fat from Kart. The KKM's are truly short chambered and I can use custom reamers. I know many people don't think they will shoot lead. They shoot it just fine. I'm working on a new Ransom rest location so I don't have RR groups to share, but from hand they are treating me darn good :p)
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

KKM Barrels Empty Re: KKM Barrels

Post by joy2shoot Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 am

Thanks for the information Jon.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 am

Jon Eulette wrote:I've been shooting and building with KKM barrels in 9mm & 45 for the last year with regularity. I wanted to recommend the KKM for lead bullets. I've had excellent results since I've been using them. Their short chambers are better than Kart's barrels. In many cases with the Kart barrels the heafspace is predetermined by the barrel manufacturing instead of the pistolsmith. That's one reason Jerry makes his own barrels now; he has complete control. The Karts require using a standard SAAMI spec reamer because they run fat from Kart. The KKM's are truly short chambered and I can use custom reamers. I know many people don't think they will shoot lead. They shoot it just fine. I'm working on a new Ransom rest location so I don't have RR groups to share, but from hand they are treating me darn good :p)
Jon
better kkm vs kart for a wadgun,more closed groups??

Last edited by SW-52 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 am

Jon Eulette wrote:I've been shooting and building with KKM barrels in 9mm & 45 for the last year with regularity. I wanted to recommend the KKM for lead bullets. I've had excellent results since I've been using them. Their short chambers are better than Kart's barrels. In many cases with the Kart barrels the heafspace is predetermined by the barrel manufacturing instead of the pistolsmith. That's one reason Jerry makes his own barrels now; he has complete control. The Karts require using a standard SAAMI spec reamer because they run fat from Kart. The KKM's are truly short chambered and I can use custom reamers. I know many people don't think they will shoot lead. They shoot it just fine. I'm working on a new Ransom rest location so I don't have RR groups to share, but from hand they are treating me darn good :p)
Jon
^ I don't know about this guy =]

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:29 am

I've been trying to get a KKM barrel for my Beretta for a while. Placed an order on March 1st and the web site showed a number of them in stock. Called KKM three or four times, every time they say "next week", "soon", "few days", and still nothing Sad
Their barrels may be very good, but their customer service is definitely not...

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:17 am

where you been Jon Smile , my guy has been using them for years. He built my 9mm 6 or 7 years ago with a KKM and had to buy a reamer to finish it. He went directly to his shop and talked to Kevin because he is from Carson City, I'm pretty sure its a really small shop, low production. My guy also gets Barsto to short chamber, he just ordered some for a Springfield XDM.

Has anybody called Kart to see if they will short chamber? I would be surprised if they would not do what a customer asks. never know?

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm

javaduke wrote:I've been trying to get a KKM barrel for my Beretta for a while. Placed an order on March 1st and the web site showed a number of them in stock. Called KKM three or four times, every time they say "next week", "soon", "few days", and still nothing Sad
Their barrels may be very good, but their customer service is definitely not...
Finally got the shipping confirmation Smile 
I'm wondering if KKM semi-drop in barrels are also short chambered and need a finish reamer.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm sure a quick email to them will clear up any questions. Their website states they chamber for free. fit the barrel up then ship it back to them.

https://kkmprecision.com/faqs/

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:01 pm

As far as I know Kart does short chamber more than their normal small amount.. be nice if they did
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:56 pm

I would buy a KKM barrel in a heartbeat if they made the one I wanted. Looking for a 38 super barrel to fit my XDM match. I don't know why they couldn't make one. Might not be much demand now but I bet they would get more takers then me. Just dreaming here.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Len I think you should call them.. Seems to me they made them for the AMU
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:06 pm

I will probably send them an e-mail then. Thanks. I am not saying I am getting deaf but if I can't read/see their lips I can't hear what they are saying. silent
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Kart short chambers (special order) only about 0.010"....its not enough. Their chambers are also fat. KKM short chambers 0.100" which allows use of custom reamers. I know all about 9mm barrels by KKM.....I'm referring to 45 for use with lead.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Len, how are you going to get the .38 super to fit in those short XDM magazines?

My 9mm can only go 1.079 to fit them.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:46 pm

james r chapman wrote:Len, how are you going to get the .38 super to fit in those short XDM magazines?

My 9mm can only go 1.079 to fit them.
Because my XDM is the 40 cal. I have been thinking about this awhile. I can go to 1.160 and still have a little room but that's about max. There might be a spacer in the 9mm mags they remove to work for the 40. Just a thought.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Well I guess I lied. Maybe I should have said I would order one "if" I had a heart beat. KKM got back to me really fast and said they could get me a 38 Super barrel in 6-8 weeks. I have lead bullets already loaded that will fit the magazine but need to see if I can make some decent JHP's that work. I might wait a week or so to see how things go before I order the barrel. "If"??? I have a quadruple bypass scheduled for the 25th. Might slow me down for awhile. Or speed me up scratch
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Dang Len.. take care of yourself..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Yeah Len.  Worry about barrels when you've recovered.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Yeah Len.  Worry about barrels when you've recovered.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

KKM Barrels Empty By pass

Post by jimorjames Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Len, Good luck with the quad, you will be fine.
Jim

jimorjames

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 pm

LenV wrote:I will probably send them an e-mail then. Thanks. I am not saying I am getting deaf but if I can't read/see their lips I can't hear what they are saying. silent

Amen, brother. Being on PDT/PST, plus having a pretty good case of CHS, I'd much rather conduct business online or via email vs. a phone call.

Only time I use the phone at work is if I'm trying to get you to do something you don't want to do, or telling you something I don't want a paper trail on.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Thanks everyone. I will worry about the barrel later. I still have some pistol that need shot for now though.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm

I just built a 9mm with a KKM barrel and I'm duly impressed with how well it shoots. It exceeds my expectations and capabilities.

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down