Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sear spring Question 2

5 posters

Go down

Sear spring Question 2 Empty Sear spring Question 2

Post by Russ OR Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:18 pm

A good rule of thumb is to put half the weight on the disconnecter leaf and half on the sear leaf. If disconnecter is to light it can double or go full auto. If you take grip safety off and put mainspring housing in with the hammer strut sticking out the rear of frame and hammer down, you can pull trigger and feel and weigh the center leaf only. Put half the weight on it. Now adjust sear leaf to weight you desire.
Jon

Thanks. - Would it be any different on a lower for a 22lr conversion?

Russ

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Sear spring Question 2 Empty Re: Sear spring Question 2

Post by TexasC Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

Just a lower allowable pull weight for the .22. The mechanics are the same.

Mike

TexasC

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Huh???? How does light spring pressure on the disconnector cause doubling or possible go full auto? Too light on the sear depending on the angle of engagement will case that. Spring on the disconnector is to push the trigger forward and to allow the disconnector to reconnect.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:11 pm

And if the center leaf doesn't reset the disco your gun can double, triple etc.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:57 pm

TexasC wrote:Just a lower allowable pull weight for the .22. The mechanics are the same.

Mike

Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall hearing the sear for a 2# trigger should be different (longer?) that for heavier 3.5# triggers.  I have no idea what mine are as Roddy triggers and KC kits are all I have (other than non upgraded factory).
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:24 am

If a the disco don't reset how does the gun fire? If I were to shoot the gun and hold the trigger to the rear as most do for follow thru the disco is disconnected, sear resets and hammer stays back. If the disconnnector doesn't reset when the trigger is released there is no way the gun will fire because there is nothing to push the sear off the hammer hooks. If I were someone not knowing what the disconnecter is and on a 1911 see that the trigger bow does not touch the sear because the disconnector is missing. Hypothetically speaking. To fix the problem he solders or epoxies a tab on the bow to engage the sear directly (no disconnection) and attempts to shoot the gun. It will simply shoot 1 shot! The hammer will follow the slide, most likely catch on the half cock notch. If it don't it will just follow the slide up and never strike the firing pin with enough speed to cause the firing pin to hit the primer.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down