Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which pistol weight do you prefer?

3 posters

Go down

Which pistol weight do you prefer? Empty Which pistol weight do you prefer?

Post by zanemoseley 9/1/2017, 6:42 pm

I'm curious what weight pistol everyone prefers. After adding Aimpoint 9000SC red dots to both my RRA and custom pistol Jon just finished for me they weigh 3.25 pounds. My 1911 with a Nelson and Matchdot 2 is right at 3 pounds. I've become a fan of heavier pistols. I do sometimes wonder if there is a fatigue effect toward the end of a 2700.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Which pistol weight do you prefer? Empty Re: Which pistol weight do you prefer?

Post by Tim:H11 9/1/2017, 8:11 pm

I prefer heavier guns. It's what I'm used to. My muzzleloader pistols are mostly solid steel so their weight is hefty. I've never weighed them. But they are what they are and I had to get used to them or... not shoot I guess. 

I use Ultradot 30mm dots on both my Nelson and my Springfield. Again I never weighed these guns but I like em. I recently tried the Nelson with irons again after a long time not using them. I have the iron sight rib set up on a second barrel. The gun felt "wavy"... too light. Didn't settle in. The heavier guns, for slow fire they tend to settle in more. 

I shot the May regionals match here in Tennessee. There was a short course match on a Friday and the Regionals spread across Saturday and Sunday. It was a lot of shooting for me in one weekend all back to back like that. I don't shoot that much in practice so it was a push for me. When it was over I did not have any pain in the shoulder or elbow but I was tired. My arm felt loose. Kind of like my bowling days when after league games were over my arm felt like jello. But it was SO much fun. And I shot well and I still feel the same about the weight. I'd rather have more then less. Especially in the 45.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/1/2017, 8:38 pm

Tim:H11 You would like the new Ruger Competition. Very heavy pistol. I mounted a 7000 Aimpoint on mine and it definitely has some mass. I took it to Roddy Toyota last weekend to install a Mk II trigger and he asked if I wanted some barrel removed while he was working on it.  Laughing I like them very heavy also.

Which pistol weight do you prefer? Dscf1237
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down