Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith

3 posters

Go down

Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith Empty Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith

Post by mhayford45 11/14/2017, 5:49 pm

What sort of reputation for gunsmithing did he have?

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith Empty Re: Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith

Post by Blsi2600 11/14/2017, 7:10 pm

Widely known as the developer of the "Bentz" .22 LR chamber.  It is an intermediate chamber between SAMMI loose and bolt match rifle very tight. 

It is primary used in semi auto 10/22 rifles.

He was a Bullseye Master class shooter and a builder of some bullseye guns too.  

Unfortunatley I never had the opportunity to close inspect his work on a 1911.

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith Empty Re: Information request for Jerry Bentz gunsmith

Post by Colt711 11/16/2017, 9:16 pm

Jerry shot in The Oak Harbor mo matches for quite a few years. A good shooter, 2600 teens he did his own gun work and built guns for several shooters who attended our matches. A capable 'smith, conciensous, and a gentleman.
Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 11/17/2017, 6:50 am

Thank you to all that replied. It helped me to make my mind up and I purchased a Bentz made ball gun... The gun is very well made and more importantly feels correct.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down