Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :(

+11
orpheoet
Dr.Don
tjpepitone
kc.crawford.7
xmastershooter
robert84010
fpk
Chris Miceli
atrfod
NuJudge
steve_podleski
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :( - Page 2 Empty Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :(

Post by steve_podleski 11/17/2017, 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I bought a case of this ammo because of its low price.  I had shot Aguila Super Extra in the past with no problem in my S&W41 but I had problems with the very first round with this ammo: failure to extract or stovepipes with almost every round.  I have no problems with the CMP Eley ammo which is now my favorite ammo for the 41.  Anyone with similar problems?

steve_podleski

Back to top Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :(

Post by fpk 11/18/2017, 1:52 pm

Magload wrote:I have a Labradar and a M41.  I will try to run the test this next week.  Do you just want a drop of oil on the top round of the 5 in the mag?  I will run it with CCI SV as I don't have the ammo you are using.  Don
Yes, a drop on the brass at the neck, but not bullet, on the top round of each magazine. If you don't mind ensuring that you clean it and shoot a few fouling rounds before the oil and no-oil strings that should make the results as clean as we can expect.

Thanks so much for doing this!

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Aguila Super Extra SV Solid Point Problem :(

Post by Magload 11/18/2017, 1:56 pm

fpk wrote:
Magload wrote:I have a Labradar and a M41.  I will try to run the test this next week.  Do you just want a drop of oil on the top round of the 5 in the mag?  I will run it with CCI SV as I don't have the ammo you are using.  Don
Yes, a drop on the brass at the neck, but not bullet, on the top round of each magazine. If you don't mind ensuring that you clean it and shoot a few fouling rounds before the oil and no-oil strings that should make the results as clean as we can expect.

Thanks so much for doing this!
Well I am not much on cleaning guns that are running 100% but I guess this time I could pull a VFG cleaner or mop through the bore and clean the chamber.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by xmastershooter 11/18/2017, 2:11 pm

fpk wrote:I just checked some of the rounds in a case I have of the Aguilla SE SV and they do have the slightest hint of something thicker than an oil, which wipes off easily enough with my fingers.  I had never noticed this before and am going to try wiping down two boxes and see if that effects the results. Thanks for pointing this out!
This topic prompted me to check some older Aguilla SE I'd saved from probably 10 years ago and the cases were slick clean then.  I have a habit of keeping some samples of previous lots so I can always make an comparison with newer lots.

Veering off a bit, the new primer compound on CCI LP primers are now yellow as compared to the prior pink color.  So far they still work well.  Anyone have a different result?

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2017, 2:16 pm

fpk wrote:Doesn't the pressure expanding the brass also seal the chamber?

Yes, but it takes the brass much longer to generate a seal allowing for less pressure to be generated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2017, 2:22 pm

w4ti wrote:
KC-

Can you speak to why a lot of Euro ammo comes delivered with a light coating of lubricant/grease/oil? What's going on there?

Thanks,
Chase

If you're referring to Eley, it's a bullet lube and is a mixture of tallow and wax. Not oil on the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_podleski 11/18/2017, 7:31 pm

steve_podleski wrote:I bought a case of this ammo because of its low price.  I had shot Aguila Super Extra in the past with no problem in my S&W41 but I had problems with the very first round with this ammo: failure to extract or stovepipes with almost every round.  I have no problems with the CMP Eley ammo which is now my favorite ammo for the 41.  Anyone with similar problems?
I tried it in my Hi Standard Victor with no problems!

Cleaned the chamber of my 41, and extraction problem persisted.

steve_podleski

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 11/18/2017, 7:47 pm

steve_podleski wrote:
steve_podleski wrote:I bought a case of this ammo because of its low price.  I had shot Aguila Super Extra in the past with no problem in my S&W41 but I had problems with the very first round with this ammo: failure to extract or stovepipes with almost every round.  I have no problems with the CMP Eley ammo which is now my favorite ammo for the 41.  Anyone with similar problems?

sounds like a gun problem.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_podleski 11/18/2017, 7:49 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
steve_podleski wrote:

sounds like a gun problem.
Yes.  Would like to get it fixed.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Do not want to use the oil solution.  It does not work 100%

steve_podleski

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 11/18/2017, 9:33 pm

Others have said KC Crawford is the one who can get an M41 running. He has a link at the top of the home page.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2