Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very happy with the malfunction in my Buckmark! - I plan to leave it that way for a while

2 posters

Go down

I'm very happy with the malfunction in my Buckmark! - I plan to leave it that way for a while Empty I'm very happy with the malfunction in my Buckmark! - I plan to leave it that way for a while

Post by Aprilian Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 pm

I disassembled and cleaned my Buckmark before my winter indoor league starts.  In testing it last night (1 week before the matches), I found that the disconnector bar didn't always reseat on the sear.  At first I thought, "how frustrating!" but then the next cycle of trigger without tripping the sear showed a previously missed flinch  pale.   I decided to keep using it that way and slowly the flinch got smaller.   As the league is only 30 shots slow fire, I will leave it alone and use it as a ball-and-dummy training tool!  Sometimes it fires on the first pull, sometimes the second and occasionally on the third, making it random enough to use as a training tool.

The root cause, because it happened last time too, is that the sear pivot pin end goes through the safety click-plate and is meant to be peened in place.  Even though my pin's reduced end "clicked" into the plate, it must have come back out.   It's an easy fix before outdoor season restarts.  

I accidentally invented an automatic ball-and-dummy pistol  lol!
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

I'm very happy with the malfunction in my Buckmark! - I plan to leave it that way for a while Empty Re: I'm very happy with the malfunction in my Buckmark! - I plan to leave it that way for a while

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:14 pm

I shoot with some guys who just took a reloading "class" thru one of the large retailers; it seemed to me that they were actually taught to make ball & dummy ammo.  I then pointed out that it's a bad practice to try untested stuff during a match I also inquired into their inspection methods & wasn't really surprised by the answers.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down