Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

experience with sams custom .22 base???

3 posters

Go down

experience with sams custom .22 base??? Empty experience with sams custom .22 base???

Post by SW-52 6/4/2018, 10:19 am

i want to know experience about this mount for put in a marvel aluminum rib for a Micro dot. the marvel rib isnt friendly with micro bases and dont permit the slide run freely if i put in the rear. other option i have is aimpoint 9000sc for add weight to the conversion with aluminum rib wothout buy steel marvel rib.

http://www.samscustomguns.com/services/scopemount22lr.html
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

experience with sams custom .22 base??? Empty Re: experience with sams custom .22 base???

Post by HogCommander 6/4/2018, 7:59 pm

I don't have experience with the Sams mount but I went a different direction to put a MicroDot on my Marvel.  My goals were to add weight over the barrel and get the dot as low to the bore as possible.  Couldn't find what I wanted so I had to make it.  This started as brass bar stock and eventually got painted black.  Lots of time at the mill but works great.

Here's a photo:
Integral MicroDot Marvel rib

HogCommander

Back to top Go down

experience with sams custom .22 base??? Empty Re: experience with sams custom .22 base???

Post by Jon Eulette 6/4/2018, 8:37 pm

Sams base is aluminum so very lightweight. I haven’t seen one on Marvel....custom made for your order most likely. I’ve seen on P240 and it’s a screw on, not Weaver. I’ve used Micro with standard and Totts based on the Marvel with no issues. I think I had to rear mount for clearance ( barrel portion didn’t allow mounting)
I use 9000sc on most of my 22’s for the weight.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 6/5/2018, 10:38 am

HogCommander wrote:I don't have experience with the Sams mount but I went a different direction to put a MicroDot on my Marvel.  My goals were to add weight over the barrel and get the dot as low to the bore as possible.  Couldn't find what I wanted so I had to make it.  This started as brass bar stock and eventually got painted black.  Lots of time at the mill but works great.

Here's a photo:
Integral MicroDot Marvel rib
very interesting rib,great work!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 6/5/2018, 10:39 am

Jon Eulette wrote:Sams base is aluminum so very lightweight. I haven’t seen one on Marvel....custom made for your order most likely. I’ve seen on P240 and it’s a screw on, not Weaver. I’ve used Micro with standard and Totts based on the Marvel with no issues. I think I had to rear mount for clearance ( barrel portion didn’t allow mounting)
I use 9000sc on most of my 22’s for the weight.
Jon
thanks jon.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down