Just for fun - Chiappa Rhino, which calibre?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just for fun - Chiappa Rhino, which calibre?

Post by Slartybartfast on 9/10/2018, 10:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay, I have pretty close to zero experience with revolvers. But, there's a sale on Chiappa Rhinos and thought I'd pick one up for the heck of it.

60DS model, but in .357 Mag (in black) or 9mm (in chrome)?

Only interested in shooting targets, nothing else. So get 9mm so I don't add to the calibres I need to keep on hand and keep ammunition costs down? Or is there a compelling reason for me to get the .357?

The only negatives (beside people complaining about the looks) I've seen about the pistols is the moon clips aren't great (which reflects badly for the 9mm model if I understand correctly).
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Just for fun - Chiappa Rhino, which calibre?

Post by mikemyers on 10/1/2018, 1:43 pm

If you get a CCW permit, assuming you can, the waiting period is just enough time to drink a cup of coffee.    :-)

I don't "carry", but I hate waiting..........
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast on 10/1/2018, 2:02 pm

mikemyers wrote:If you get a CCW permit, assuming you can, the waiting period is just enough time to drink a cup of coffee.    :-)

Here (Canada, and worse Quebec) the wait is anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. No such thing as a CCW permit (although theoretically there is, getting one is near impossible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry#Canada). Other provinces can be as fast as same-day approval according to the store owner I bought from.
Don't want to talk politics, these are simply the facts of how things work here, but beside the above you only buy handguns for sports and targetshooting here.
If someone was interested in CCW I don't know how the heck you'd conceal a 60DS unless you're wearing a trenchcoat. Seems to me to be the type of firearm you buy because you want to open carry and you most definitely want it to be seen.
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 on 10/15/2018, 8:26 am

mikemyers wrote:If you get a CCW permit, assuming you can, the waiting period is just enough time to drink a cup of coffee.    :-)

if you are referring to NICS check time, that varies by state,  

not all states use the CCW to skip the NICS check,

lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum