Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help

+8
Sa-tevp
Outthere
davidbullseye
Ray Dash
jglenn21
Allen Barnett
7tcu
jstanfield103
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help - Page 2 Empty Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help

Post by jstanfield103 Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok Guy's/Gal's

First post on this Forum. It looks like I will be back a lot in the future. I visit approx. 10 gun forums twice daily. Been members of several for years. So very old hand with guns. But I have a dilemma that I could use help on. 

I am in the market for a new Target / Plinking Pistol in 22lr. I am wanting a New S&W Model 41, but every time they come in I am not able to get in touch with them quick enough to acquire one before they are sold out again. Usually due to being at work when I receive the email that they are in stock again.

Anyway to my point. They due have the Hammerli X-Esse IPSC in stock and it really is looking like a very well made pistol. But everything I read about it say's it is made of metal. But does not state what kind of metal it is made of. Is it Steel ? Anyone that can answer that please help me out. It sounds like it is not ammo sensitive like the Model 41 S&W. I am also not sure about the rear sight being mounted on the slide for accuracy. All though all the video's and everything I read states that they are very accurate.

I look at the grip and the LOP looks like it would fit my smaller hands, also looks like you could buy wooden grips and sand them to your liking if so desired.

I am really just about to pull the trigger on the purchase but really would like to have the Material that it is made of question answered first.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help

Post by jglenn21 Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 pm

cheap 22 ammo has a wide rim thickness variation

change ammo to see how something different runs..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Hammerli X-Esse IPSC Owners Please Help

Post by jstanfield103 Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:23 pm

jglenn,
Thanks again for all your help. You are probably correct. I am asking to much from a more precision pistol than I am use too. I probably need to get some different ammo. Think next time I will bring out my CCI SV or my SK rounds. Hate to use those for steel plates though.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:40 am

I also am looking at buying one of these but you never answered your own question. Are they made of steel or aluminum ?? I found one for sale and am hesitant .  Thanks.

popchevy

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am

IPSC is all steel/metal. Best modest priced target pistol made. Be sure your choice has grooved barrel for weaver dot mount. I've heard some do not have grooves. Barrels are tapped for rail mount. BUT, a rail mount has to be removed in order to remove slide for cleaning. Larry's mount is the only good choice if you want a picatinny mount. "jglenn21" is a great source for X-esse info.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am

Yeah if you buy the Sport model with the red grips it won't have the 11mm rail cut into the slide, the IPSC model is the only one that does I believe.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2