Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight?

3 posters

Go down

Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight? Empty Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight?

Post by New2BE 3/15/2019, 10:55 am

Hello

Is there a good optics replacement rib for the Giles Wagon Wheel sight rib? BME makes one, has anyone usd it on their Giles? Are there any others?

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight? Empty Re: Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight?

Post by Jon Eulette 3/15/2019, 11:21 am

Personally I would just have the slide drilled and tapped for a new rail. The screw holes will be hidden under the Giles rail when put back on the slide. I believe the Giles has only 2 mounting screws. I personally like the 4 screws on the modern rail for keeping the optic and rail on the slide Smile
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight? Empty Re: Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight?

Post by Multiracer 3/15/2019, 3:49 pm

Who makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight? Img_2019
I too searched for a GI dovetail mini optic mount so I would not have to drill my Giles 38 spcl slide. So, I opted for this experiment. The grip frame was way too high, so I took .350" out of the middle and shortened the front and the back so I could leave the Giles sights intact. It zeroed in pretty well and I plan to shoot it indoors this weekend in an 1800.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/15/2019, 4:25 pm

Nothing wrong with a grip mount. I've shot 889 CF with one. Left side mount for right handed shooter is best.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE 3/17/2019, 11:47 am

That looks like an old Cal guns grip. I don’t think it will clear my existing rib. So it’s either re drill my slide and use one of Jon’s ribs or use a BME with two screws and maybe some epoxy or JB weld.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/17/2019, 4:15 pm

Aimtech, they are all over e-bay for decent price,
I modified mine to lower the dot. This is as receivedWho makes a replacement optic rib for the Giles wagon wheel rib sight? Img_2020 height. Plenty of room for stock iron sights, custom iron sights and any ejection port.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE 3/17/2019, 5:02 pm

Thanks Multiracer. Do the grip screws have enough torque to hold the grip in place or do you augment the installation with adhesive? I wonder also if a pair of thinned grips could be sandwiched onto of the grip mount.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/17/2019, 5:08 pm

It fastens with four fasteners, two grip screws and two replacement pass thru fasteners that go under hammer safety and the mainspring pin. These two fasteners replace the factory pins.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down