Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beavertail grip safety

3 posters

Go down

Beavertail grip safety  Empty Beavertail grip safety

Post by Sheriff1962 5/15/2019, 5:39 pm

Maybe its just me , but I find a standard grip safety more comfortable for bullseye style shooting and find beavertail better for combat style shooting using a support hand. Anyone can comment on this?  I have a couple of Les Baer PII pistols with beavertail grip safety and a Les Baer DCM Hardball gun with std grip safety.  I feel more comfortable shooting it bullseye style than my PII pistols.

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Beavertail grip safety  Empty Re: Beavertail grip safety

Post by LenV 5/15/2019, 7:27 pm

If it is more comfortable to you then you have small hands. Or, your holding the pistol pretty low. I have been bit by a 1911 hammer so many times I have permanent scars on top of scars. The best thing that ever happened to a 1911 was a beavertail grip safety. That was in the hardball days of course. Might not be a problem with todays powder puff hardball. YMMV

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/15/2019, 7:47 pm

Suggestion - watch this video, try to grip the gun the way Brian Zins recommends, and see how that works for you.  You might find the beavertail is less of an issue for you:

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down