Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Beavertail Grip Safety for Colt NM

2 posters

Go down

Question on Beavertail Grip Safety for Colt NM Empty Question on Beavertail Grip Safety for Colt NM

Post by tovaert Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:31 am

I installed a drop-in Wilson Combat 429BG beavertail grip safety on a pre-70 series Colt NM 1911 (with a commander style hammer installed). Much more comfortable shooting, and overall not a bad fit on the underside where it contacts the web of my hand. Only issue is about a 0.030" gap (see photos). The lugs extend back about 3/8", the WC safety is relieved about 0.4" (+/-). Does anyone know of a beavertail that will drop in with minor modification for this pistol? I don't want to alter the frame, so the radius kits are out. The EGW JEM 0.250" safety looks very similar; I realize that the safety would require additional cutting to fit the longer lugs. EGW advertises it as fitting a series 70 pistol.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Question on Beavertail Grip Safety for Colt NM Empty Re: Question on Beavertail Grip Safety for Colt NM

Post by Wes Lorenz Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Tig weld the beavertail and recut to fit.

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down