Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

+6
jglenn21
Allen Barnett
adminbot1911
Dockokol
john bickar
ted.carter.568
10 posters

Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by ted.carter.568 8/12/2019, 10:05 pm

Bullseye friends,

It was good seeing many of you at Camp Perry, a special place with special memories.

To those who have signed my 2020 Petition for Nomination to the NRA Board of Directors…THANK YOU.  And to those who have been helping get NRA member signatures, a very special THANK YOU. 

To the many of you who don’t know me:

I've served on the NRA Board of Directors for the past eight years.  I was originally asked to serve because of my competitive shooting background and the need to get more competitive shooters on the NRA Board.  We know the challenges of keeping NRA focused on our competitive shooting sports.

Given the work that continues to be needed, and my continued strong commitment to our members, and our shooting programs, I am running for reelection to the NRA Board in 2020. 

There are two ways to be on the ballot for the 2020 NRA Board elections.  One way is to be nominated by the NRA's Nominating Committee, and the other is by Petition of Nomination by NRA members. In order to receive a nomination by petition of the members, I will need to obtain over 700 valid member signatures, something I can't do without a lot of help.

My first Camp Perry was in 1979 as a Midshipman at the US Naval Academy.  I’ve been shooting Bullseye ever since, along with International Pistol, a little High Power rifle and have even shot a couple of 3-Gun matches.  I’m a certified NRA Coach, Instructor and RSO.  Together with my wife, Sue, who is also a Bullseye shooter, we run matches in Florida, are officers in Florida’s state association and we teach new shooters.

The attached information sheet gives a more complete description of my involvement in the shooting sports for the past 40 years.   

While many great folks have helped get signatures for my petition, I’m still a bit short.  If nominating a person who is dedicated to our sport, who will work to improve NRA’s support for it and our shooters, is important to you, I’m ready to keep going.  But I need help to get the last signatures needed for nomination.

I have until October 8th to collect all required signatures (originals, not copies) and get them to NRA for validating.  An individual can only sign once.  If an individual does not know his/her NRA number, I can get that from NRA membership, assuming all their information is legible.   

Attached is a copy of a petition for nomination sheet.  If you can get NRA members in your area, at your club or match to sign the petition and then mail it back to me at the address below, it will help a lot.

Thanks very much for your time, and perhaps your willingness to help get some member signatures, it's very much needed and very much appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thank you,

Ted

Ted Carter
cdrcoach@reagan.com
Mailing Address for petitions:
4412 Hood Road
Jacksonville, FL  32257
Attachments
Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Attachment
2020 Signature Petition for NRA Board Nomination_T Carter.pdf Sheet for NRA member signaturesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(436 Kb) Downloaded 53 times
T Carter_Personal Information for NRA BoD Nomination.pdf Information sheet for Ted CarterYou don't have permission to download attachments.(226 Kb) Downloaded 30 times

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Re: Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by john bickar 8/13/2019, 12:49 am

Ted,

From what I've seen here and on Facebook, you have been quite transparent about the mysterious inner workings of the NRA, especially as they pertain to bullseye pistol. I also have seen from you a very level head and a willingness to work "within the system" to give the NRA the opportunity to do right by bullseye pistol.

You have my signature. I'll do my best to get others in my area to sign as well.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Re: Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by Dockokol 8/13/2019, 8:40 am

It has been my pleasure to shoot with Ted for several years; and I serve on the board of the Florida Shooting Sports Association with him.  I can recommend Ted without reservation.  Please take a moment, send in the nomination form and keep our representation and our voice strong on the NRA board.
Doc Kokol
Tallahassee, FL

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 8/13/2019, 9:03 am

john bickar wrote:Ted,

From what I've seen here and on Facebook, you have been quite transparent about the mysterious inner workings of the NRA, especially as they pertain to bullseye pistol. I also have seen from you a very level head and a willingness to work "within the system" to give the NRA the opportunity to do right by bullseye pistol.

You have my signature. I'll do my best to get others in my area to sign as well.
John,

Thanks very much for the kind words, and the support.  40 years ago, as a collegiate shooter, I was grateful and inspired by the NRA and it's support for the Natl Pistol Champs and it's collegiate shooting programs.  While I'm still shooting, my X count has not gone up in the past few years, it's my time to give back to the organization and its competitive shooting programs...and to my competitive shooting "family".  As a group, we've supported the NRA through some pretty tough times; we demonstrate our loyalty to our shooting passion and our Second Amendment rights.  We've all seen a decline in NRA focus and support for our shooting sports and shooters.  While I accept that some things change, and some things are out of NRA's control, the commitment by NRA to its competitive shooting programs and its loyal base of shooters, should not erode.  I'll continue to bring attention to NRA leadership about issues; from 2019 Regional competitor pins (that are still "on order"), to national records that still need to be recorded, to DR records that need updating, to Sectional awards and protests, and to the valid concerns and questions associated with the NRA National Championships move to Camp Atterbury.  I'll keep our community informed of what information I receive.  While I'll gladly accept all my responsibilities as a NRA Board member, my focus of effort will continue to be on our competitive shooting sports...and most importantly with the many many shooters that train and compete, and make lifelong bonds of friendship.

During one of my military assignments, a General once told a group of us, "If it wasn't challenging, it wouldn't be fun".  So, given current conditions surrounding the NRA, I must be having a lot of "fun", and I'm up for more.

Appreciate your help and I look forward to the opportunity to continue to serve.

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 8/13/2019, 9:29 am

Ted helped me shine light on an improper interpretation of NRA's own precision pistol rule book.  It was the input needed to get a DR leg (rightfully) awarded.

Petition signed and will seek out others to help ensure the best possible contestant gets the position.

Last edited by adminbot1911 on 8/13/2019, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For clarity)
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 8/21/2019, 3:04 pm

Ted I just put my signed petition in the mail today.  It only has my signature but at least it is one less signature that you need.  Good Luck!  We need people like you who are willing and able to get involved on behalf of the shooting community within the NRA and not just the money grubber side of the NRA.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/21/2019, 5:54 pm

We signed the petition at our monthly match(riverbend) this past sunday. I'm sure other clubs are doing the same..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 8/21/2019, 6:31 pm

I am fortunate enough to be a member of the same club that Ted is. I don't shoot as much as I used to for various reasons but I call the matches we have two times a month. As I was, Ted was a Navy man and being so he's no stranger to hard work. I've heard him say that the shooting sports have given him much and to give back is something that's only second nature. He is well deserving of the position that he's held in the past.

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan 8/23/2019, 11:16 pm

Ted's a great guy- nothing but love for the sport. Call the NRA, tell'em you'll make a deal on a life membership, and they will work with you so that you can vote.

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 9/7/2019, 2:06 pm

Allen Barnett wrote:Ted I just put my signed petition in the mail today.  It only has my signature but at least it is one less signature that you need.  Good Luck!  We need people like you who are willing and able to get involved on behalf of the shooting community within the NRA and not just the money grubber side of the NRA.

Allen:  A belated Thank you!  I received your signed petition for nomination sheet.  Thanks for taking the time to download, sign and send to me.

I've also received quite a few other signed petition sheets from shooters.  THANK YOU!!  You support means a lot to me.

Just a note to those folks who are getting signatures or are considering signing.

(1) I must have all original (no copies) signed petition for nomination sheets to the NRA by October 8th.  I'll need a day or so to review and get any missing NRA member numbers added to the sheets. So, thanks for sending any/all (full or partial) sheets to me by the end of September.

(2) My mailing address is:  4412 Hood Road, Jacksonville, FL  32257.

Thanks again.

Ted

PS:  You're invited to come to Jacksonville, FL to shoot the Florida State Pistol Champs, Oct 19-20.  Info at: http://grpc-jax.com/Programs/2019-FLORIDA-STATE-PRECISION-PISTOL-CHAMPIONSHIP-MATCH-PROGRAM.pdf
Attachments
2020 Signature Petition for NRA Board Nomination_T Carter.pdf T Carter - Petition for NRA Board Nomination Signature SheetYou don't have permission to download attachments.(436 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
T Carter_Personal Information for NRA BoD Nomination.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(226 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/13/2019, 11:46 am

How many signatures are you up to?

I got a dozen or so last night. Will try to get a dozen more or so on Wednesday.

I printed out the signature sheets for our State Championship match a couple of weeks ago and stupid me forgot to set them out.  Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors 1960973398
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 9/16/2019, 3:33 pm

john bickar wrote:How many signatures are you up to?

I got a dozen or so last night. Will try to get a dozen more or so on Wednesday.

I printed out the signature sheets for our State Championship match a couple of weeks ago and stupid me forgot to set them out.  Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors 1960973398

John,

Thanks to many good folks, I have submitted 745 signatures to the NRA for validation.  I need 706 validated signatures.  I know that during the validation process some signatures will be disqualified for some reason or another.  Given past experience, I expect 10-15% of the signatures will not be validated.  I'm close.

So, if you are able, I'd sure like to have you and others continue to get signatures for another couple of weeks.

I need to receive the original signature sheets by the first couple of days in October, so I can turn them around and send them in to be received by NRA by October 8th.  Not much time left.

Every signature is appreciated.  

Thanks for your help.

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 9/16/2019, 3:38 pm

Ted, 4 more original signatures from this week's Anne Arundel match going into the mail today.  Most of the folks in attendance had already signed.

Also sir you have a very low priority email from me in your yahoo inbox.

Cheers
Andrew
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/25/2019, 10:41 pm

20-ish, give or take, sent your way earlier this week. Sorry I couldn't gather more.

Looking forward to seeing you on the ballot.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 9/26/2019, 10:34 pm

john bickar wrote:20-ish, give or take, sent your way earlier this week. Sorry I couldn't gather more.

Looking forward to seeing you on the ballot.
John, I received your petitions today.  Thanks very much.  No apologies necessary.  I appreciate your effort to get the signatures.  Thank You!!

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 9/26/2019, 10:50 pm

adminbot1911 wrote:Ted, 4 more original signatures from this week's Anne Arundel match going into the mail today.  Most of the folks in attendance had already signed.

Also sir you have a very low priority email from me in your yahoo inbox.

Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much.  I received your signature petition in the mail.  Very much appreciated.  Every signature is a voice of support, and that support keeps me motivated to engage NRA for our shooting programs and for our shooters.

I'm sorry that I did not receive your email. Can you please resend.

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 9/26/2019, 11:35 pm

If you don't know, as Ted as served so admirably as a Director, Sue Carter has been an important partner as a competitor, match organizer, match statistician, instructor and ambassador for our sport. So, a vote for Ted is really a "two for one" deal. Pretty hard to beat that!!

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 10/1/2019, 9:20 am

Olde Pilot wrote:If you don't know, as Ted as served so admirably as a Director, Sue Carter has been an important partner as a competitor, match organizer, match statistician, instructor and ambassador for our sport. So, a vote for Ted is really a "two for one" deal. Pretty hard to beat that!!
Thank you for the kind remarks "older pilot".  No question Sue has been a significant part of our matches in Jacksonville, the expansion of our Women's Programs at both the local and State level...and has been an excellent sounding board for some of the challenges I've faced, we as a Bullseye community have faced, within NRA Competitions.  And she shoots Bullseye too!!! 

I'll be sending in the final batch of signature sheets on Thursday, Oct 3rd, to ensure they arrive at NRA ahead of the deadline of Oct 8th.

I received a call from the NRA Secretary yesterday.  He confirmed that I am close to the required number of validated signatures needed to be nominated by petition of the members.  From his count, it looks like the validation rate for signatures submitted is just over 78%. 

I will report the final numbers when I receive them.

Simply put, THANK YOU to the many shooters, match directors and all friends for your efforts to receive, sign, and get others to sign my petitions for nomination to the NRA Board.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 10/22/2019, 10:44 am

Thank You!!!

I received a letter from the NRA Secretary informing me that in addition to being nominated for election to the NRA Board of Directors in 2020 by the Nominating Committee, I have been nominated by Petition of the Membership.

The nomination by Petition of the Membership, is the most important to me.  Dozens of folks worked to circulate signature petitions on my behalf.  In the end over 1100 signatures were submitted to the NRA for validation.  I am humbled and very appreciative for all the support.  Bullseye shooters made the difference for me!!

In January or February 2020, those who are NRA Life Members or 5-Year Members will receive voting packets included in their NRA Publication.  My name, along with many other candidates, and a short biography will be included along with a ballot.  Thanks for considering me when you vote.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 10/22/2019, 11:08 am

Well deserved!!! Now, everybody vote!

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by lonegunman 11/4/2019, 6:32 am

Ted, you have my vote as always and I'll get my wife to vote for you as well.  You and your lovely bride are a great team and it is always a pleasure to talk with you and say hi when I am at Camp Perry.
lonegunman
lonegunman

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 11/6/2019, 9:20 am

lonegunman wrote:Ted, you have my vote as always and I'll get my wife to vote for you as well.  You and your lovely bride are a great team and it is always a pleasure to talk with you and say hi when I am at Camp Perry.

Thank you for the kind and supportive words.  It continues to be an honor to support our members (our competitive shooting members and NRA's shooting programs need increased and focused support).  As for my bride...35 plus years, I am blessed.  We both love the shooting community and love working with folks learning to shoot, and enjoy running state and regional matches, as we get to see so many friends, and meet new ones.  I'm pretty certain we'll continue to do this for a while to come.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down