Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote

+2
MarkF45
Joe Morgan
6 posters

Go down

NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote Empty NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote

Post by Joe Morgan Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:24 pm

I've done a pass through and found the candidates that are currently NOT on the board, and also were NOT apparently nominated by the board to run:

James Chapman
Danny Stowers
Steven Dulan
Frank Tait
Issac Demarest

My thought in choosing these people is that it is better to have new people on the board, and also people that do not appear to have been endorsed by the NRA machine. Don't know if that's a good idea or not, but these are my choices, and I hope you consider them in your ballots.

-Joe

P.S. Does LaPierre have a picture of someone with a dead woman or a live boy?

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote Empty Re: NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote

Post by MarkF45 Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm

Chapman, towers, Dulan and Demarest ARE nominated by the Nominating Committee. It says so on page H of the voting insert in the March American Rifleman.

I'm just going to vote for Tait.

Mark

MarkF45

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 pm

I'm glad to see a thread on this. I'd like some insight from the community on who are truly friends of Competition
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:32 pm

James chapman is NOT I!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

willnewton and Pinetree like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:59 pm

I voted for Frank Tait.  But after reading the NY Supreme Court ruling I think (opinion) the organization is going to pass away to be a memory. Plus I had no ideal until the other day about the loans from the foundation to the organization; that's not going to go well ether.

40 years ago I was stationed outside DC and learned the difference between Personal Courage and Moral Courage.  That place would corrupt anyone if they stayed to long.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GME Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:06 am

I too waded through the entire 42 pages of the NY Supreme Courts rulings.  Based upon my reading, I disagree with dannyd93140's opinion that the NRA will ultimately "pass away to be a memory."

Judge Cohen dismissed the NY AG's claim seeking to dissolve the NRA.  It's a final decision, so dissolution is no longer an available remedy at trial.  So, in my never-to-be-humble opinion, the NRA will survive the NY AG's suit, and, with suitable management, will probably be around for years to come.  It's a good bet that some of the existing management won't be around, and may be a bit lighter in their pocketbooks.

The case will still be going to trial, but it looks like most of what's left will be against various NRA execs.  

Note:  This case is in the NY Supreme Court, which is not the high court of the state.  In NY, the Supreme Court is what most other states call a Superior Court or Circuit Court (a county court where trials are conducted).  The Court of Appeals is the high court in NY.  (Yes, I watch Law and Order).  NRA Board of Directors 2022 Vote 1f600  There appear to be a bunch of other courts, which are courts of limited jurisdiction.

GME

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:25 am

If the membership doesn't do something about the management the NRA will not have enough money to survive or if they do credibility have any input on political matters about gun control. Don't watch TV so don't have any ideal what some show on their says.   But started a a Junior member in 1967 became life member in 1992 then the other three membership's endowment, patron and benefactor.  So I definitely hope your right but we shall see the problems with the foundations loans looks worse than the NY  ruling.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down