Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of new dot options

+11
inthebeech
LenV
mikemyers
dapduh2
zanemoseley
DanQ
james r chapman
Wobbley
jglenn21
messenger
lablover
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thinking of new dot options  Empty Thinking of new dot options

Post by lablover 8/14/2019, 5:44 pm

I have 2 9000sc and I love them.  However my current wad gun doesn’t seem to like it much..it’s just heavy!  I’d like to try a lighter weight dot.  The H1 etc is not an option at this time.  I have a spare vortex crossfire I could try but not sure it’s up to the recoil.  Ultradot seems to be not so reliable anymore.

Sightron?  

Up for any suggestions.

I may throw the crossfire on and see what happens.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Thinking of new dot options  Empty Re: Thinking of new dot options

Post by messenger 8/14/2019, 5:53 pm

I tried a crossfire. It lasted 300-400 rounds. You get what you pay for. Aimpoint......buy once cry once.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/14/2019, 6:09 pm

I have a sightron s30 that has been fine so far. Dot  is a bit smaller than i like but it still works
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 8/14/2019, 7:55 pm

Sig Romeo 5?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/14/2019, 7:56 pm

Holosun
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanQ 8/14/2019, 9:08 pm

I've heard the Primary Arms is a viable option, and I believe (if it's the correct model) John Shue has shades for them.  I may get one as a backup for my H2.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slxz-advanced-rotary-knob-micro-red-dot-sight

DanQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/14/2019, 9:19 pm

DanQ wrote:I've heard the Primary Arms is a viable option, and I believe (if it's the correct model) John Shue has shades for them.  I may get one as a backup for my H2.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slxz-advanced-rotary-knob-micro-red-dot-sight
Wow, that’s inexpensive!
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/14/2019, 9:21 pm

james r chapman wrote:

any experience with one of those?  What model
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 8/14/2019, 9:25 pm

I've got 4 of the Primary Arms MD-ADS and so far so good, I've just used them on a Steyr Evo, Walther GSP 22/32 and a Ruger but am impressed so far. They fit the Kodiak mount well made for the Aimpoint Micro.

Also have 3 of the Aimpoint 9000SC, this is my favorite red dot if you can deal with the size and weight.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 8/14/2019, 9:40 pm

LenV probably has a Model every dot ever made...
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 8/14/2019, 10:05 pm

Real question is, how much for the 9000 that’s currently on your wadgun? You know, to give you the funds for other optics and all Laughing
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/14/2019, 11:20 pm

dapduh2 wrote:Real question is, how much for the 9000 that’s currently on your wadgun? You know, to give you the funds for other optics and all Laughing
Not sure yet.  Guns heading to Jon to try and fix first.  I’m fond of the 9000 so in no rush to sell it........yet Smile
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/14/2019, 11:41 pm

There's a lot to like about the Aimpoint 9000sc.  I bought one through this forum, and I've been trying to find a gun to put it on ever since.  I mount it, it feels great, and I start to use it, only to realize that one handed, it's too much for me.  I've got a choice - use both hands, or use a lighter sight.

The H-1 and H-2 Aimpoint Micro are very much like the 9000.  Nice view, nice round dot, but if used on a 45 wad gun, you just need the Kodiak.  

Then there's the Aimpoint Acro P-1, but it's on back order.  People here in the forum are't sure how well it will work for Bullseye, because water or oil might get onto the lenses, but I've seen and read enough to think it would be just fine for me.  The people I'm buying it from will notify me when it's available - and also the mount.

I used to like the 30mm Matchdot II.  Dave Salyer suggests the smaller 1" version.  

..........I should add that thanks to a new friend of mine, I was able to buy a Vortex Venom along with a BME mount for a S&W Model 52.  :-)   I didn't expect to like it as much as I do.  It's very low, very light, and with the two marks on the back of it, it is very easy to pick up the dot.  It fits the 52 as if it had been made with that gun in mind.  The next gun I need to find a sight for is the 45 slide assembly for my Caspian, when I'm not using the Nelson on it.  That's where the Acro P-1 would go if they got one for me, but I have good feelings about putting a Vortex Venom on it, not to mention the weight savings.

Too many choices, and many of them are excellent!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/15/2019, 1:09 am

Wobbley wrote:LenV probably has a Model every dot ever made...
Well, not every model. I have tested a few of them in the past. The flavor of the month for me is the Nikon Ptactical. They are built strong and have a great mount. However the cross bolt will not fit on a lot of mounts we use in bullseye. It takes a true Picatinny base. They fit on a Clark rail but would not work on any weaver or Marvel base without some modification. I solved the 9000sc weight problem by mounting it on Revolver heavy enough you never notice it. Where else would you mount an indestructible scope?

Thinking of new dot options  20180116

I set these 3 up so I could use the same scope for the entire match.
Thinking of new dot options  Dscf1414
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/15/2019, 1:34 am

Interesting, LenV....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=MitEyGI2Enk
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//riflescopes/p-tactical-spur.html

It looks like it could mount to a Picatinny rail, or if that base is removed, it could be attached to any base that works with the Venom Vortex?  Need to check this out when I'm more awake.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 8/15/2019, 5:56 am

Get stronger.  Don't ditch one of the very best sights because of a few ounces.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/15/2019, 8:28 am

inthebeech wrote:Get stronger.  Don't ditch one of the very best sights because of a few ounces.
I’m not the one with the issue!  It’s the pistol.  I can handle the weight easily  Rolling Eyes
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 8/15/2019, 12:29 pm

dapduh2 wrote:Real question is, how much for the 9000 that’s currently on your wadgun? You know, to give you the funds for other optics and all Laughing

I have a 9000sc that's very nice and in the box. PM me if interested with your email so I can send pics.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 8/15/2019, 3:24 pm

1joel1 wrote:

I have a 9000sc that's very nice and in the box. PM me if interested with your email so I can send pics.

Joel
2 or 4 moa?

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/15/2019, 7:33 pm

I use the Burris FF3, on all my guns.  Very light weight. I think I have 20 or so, I wouldn’t say they’re completely bulletproof, but I’ve never had any excessive issues, and they offer a no questions asked hundred percent warranty. If you take your time you can find them for 150 or so on eBay. I bought several used because of the great warranty.

I also tried a couple of UltraDot Matchdots, but didn’t like the weight or the size.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 8/16/2019, 10:55 pm

I've got a vortex sparc 2 on my 22 and it's not bad. I spoke with vortex about what to mount on a 45. His comment... "crossfire won't last" (duh, that's why I sent it back) " my choice would be the viper or the sparc 2.  And theyre onsale at brownells...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 8/16/2019, 10:58 pm

10sandxs wrote:I've got a vortex sparc 2 on my 22 and it's not bad. I spoke with vortex about what to mount on a 45. His comment... "crossfire won't last" (duh, that's why I sent it back) " my choice would be the viper or the sparc 2.  And theyre onsale at brownells...
I have a sparc1. Could try that.  However I’m gonna try a different extractor this weekend that may solve my problem posted on another thread in ammunition forum.  Fingers crossed
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 8/19/2019, 12:03 pm

messenger wrote:
1joel1 wrote:

Joel
2 or 4 moa?

Bill
It's gone.

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 8/28/2019, 3:16 pm

I had a Primary Arms dot that had issues with spontaneously cracking lens, the windage adjustments and the dot malfunctioning. Sent it back and recevied a new one - that one too is starting to malfunction as far as the brightness adjustment knob is concerned. No dot until I turn it to at least 5 and only shines between the numbers on the dial and not in the actual clicks for each number.

My Aimpoint H-1 is also waiting to be returned for repair after it just stopped working.

Ugh.
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 8/28/2019, 3:41 pm

valbern67 wrote:I had a Primary Arms dot that had issues with spontaneously cracking lens, the windage adjustments and the dot malfunctioning. Sent it back and recevied a new one - that one too is starting to malfunction as far as the brightness adjustment knob is concerned. No dot until I turn it to at least 5 and only shines between the numbers on the dial and not in the actual clicks for each number.

My Aimpoint H-1 is also waiting to be returned for repair after it just stopped working.

Ugh.
Which PA model do you have?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next