Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrective Lenses

3 posters

Go down

Corrective Lenses Empty Corrective Lenses

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 am

If you use over the counter readers for reading and other tasks, and find that the sights are not clear and the red dot has flares and is not round, head on over to rite aid pharmacy.  I am sure that other pharmacies carry these but I got mine at rite aid.  

They are the Foster Grant Multi focus reading glasses.  Here is a link to a pair from amazon but you really should try them out in person:

https://www.amazon.com/Foster-Grant-Unisex-Adult-Multifocus-1018255-250-COM/dp/B074CGHXJ3/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2TWLZWZ1HSD33&dchild=1&keywords=foster+grant+multifocus+reading+glasses&qid=1576408284&sprefix=foster+gran%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-7

They come in a handful of different styles and various strengths, I find that the 1.5 is just about perfect for me.  

For what it is worth, Rite Aid has them on sale two pair for 38 bucks with their plenti card.  

Check them out, I took a slide with irons and red dot into the store to figure out which power I needed.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Corrective Lenses Empty Re: Corrective Lenses

Post by OldShooter43 Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:18 am

Amazon has the Foster Grants for about $32 a pair.  However, they don't get very good ratings for quality and fit -YMMV.  While I was getting my eyes checked this week, I asked my ophthalmologist to give me a prescription for shooting pistol with a single strength and a focal point of 38" based on my eye exam.  No problem. He says he's done it frequently. I'll just pick up a pair of glasses at the local eyeglass dealer while they have a sale going on.  It will cost more but , hopefully, work better than 1.5 magnification safety glasses I have now.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Dear Old shooter:

When my eyes started going bad, I got a pair of the specialized weird looking high dollar shooting glasses for pistol shooters from Champions Choice, they were not quite cutting it..........

Then I went to a optometrist that specialized in handgun competition shooters, took my gun for the last appointment of the day and he worked with me for over an hour, a handful of hundreds and a couple weeks later I got a very expensive pair of glasses that did not give me a round dot or allowed me to see irons,,,,,,,

Then I wander into Rite Aid and find the best pair of shooting glasses I have ever used for less then twenty..........You might be surprised.

Regards, 
Crankster

Last edited by CrankyThunder on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer)
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:13 pm

After tinkering with a pile of various drug store readers and finding multiple issues, I recently went to readers.com and ordered the same style glasses in +1.75, +2.00, +2.25, and +2.50. The style I chose were "fully magnified" which means the entire lens is of the same magnification. It's a whole new world out there at the gun range now, as the +1.75's give me a clear perfectly round dot regardless of where I am looking through the lens. The +2.50's give me a clear front sight, which is something I have not seen before and I'm quite happy! On an overcast day the +2.00's give me a clear round dot.

They all come with magnetic polarized lenses as well, which have really worked out well so far on bright days, as my polarizing filters on my Ultradot's did muddy up my vision a bit.

https://www.readers.com/mack-polarized-magnetic-sun-reader.html
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:21 am

I took a look at that readers.com site and their fully magnified option did not specify the differing focal lengths that is present in the foster grants.  DA/SA, next time you are at the grocery store or the pharmacy, wander over to the reading glasses display and check em out.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down