Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed

+3
chopper
james r chapman
mewing
7 posters

Go down

Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed Empty Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed

Post by mewing Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello,

I am new to High Standards and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is between a High Standard Supermatic Trophy Military and a regular Supermatic Trophy? I'm looking to possibly purchase the pistol mentioned above but would like more information. After looking at John Stimson's serial number chart, it appears to have been manufactured in 1972 or 73. The pistol was manufactured in the Hamden plant but I could not find a model number on it. The serial number is 24214XX. If anyone knows where I could use the serial number to obtain more information on this firearm, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

mewing

Back to top Go down

Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed Empty Re: Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed

Post by james r chapman Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:48 pm

A pic would help greatly
Usually marked on the left side of frame
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed Empty Re: Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed

Post by chopper Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Wasn't the Military design to feel like the 1911 same angle on the grip frame, and the other slanted like the Spacegun.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Not after the 102
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mewing Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:16 pm

James Chapman,
Here are the only two pictures I have since I have not purchased the firearm. Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed B54e4f10
Hi Standard Supermatic Trophy Military information needed 3b249e10

mewing

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:20 pm

104 series was the last of the slant grips.  With the 106 series HS went to the military frame and the inscription “military” started appearing on the side of the frame.  The 106 series was replaced by the 107 series and that was replaced by the numbered series.  The gun you have pictured is a numbered series.  “Military” simply designates the 1911 style grip angle.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:04 pm

You have a Model 107. 
The 107 Models are all the same except the markings:
Early - MODEL 107, MILITARY and s/n xxxxxxx
next - MILITARY and s/n  xxxxxxx
next - no mark, just serial number xxxxxxx
next - no mark, just s/n now MLxxxxx

The Model 106 MILITARY preceded the 107.  It differed from the 107 in frame machining, the hammer and the  hammer strut base pin. 

And somewhere along HS changed the firing pin and it's holding roll pin.  Also the ejectors evolved through time.  Some additional minor changes were made to the sear spring and sear, the sear pin also I think.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by mewing Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:51 am

Thank you all for your help. If I wanted to purchase additional magazine, do they need to be specific to this model or will others work?

Thanks again!

mewing

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:27 am

I have both Supermatic Trophy & Citation 107's  and magazines swap with no problems as well as I've tried 2 new magazines from Alan at Interarms with no issues. I have a lip adjustment tool when needed.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:51 am

Look for Alan Aronstein of International Armament in Houston, Texas.  He is at Camp Perry each year during the pistol phase.  

There are significant differences in HS magazines for different models, particularly the Military magazines, differing from the others.  

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by mewing Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Ok great. Thank you all for your help.

mewing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down