Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High standard supermatic trophy military.

5 posters

Go down

High standard supermatic trophy military. Empty High standard supermatic trophy military.

Post by SW-52 10/15/2015, 12:35 pm

dear people,i want to know what is the best red dot for this pistol(ultradot 1 or match II) and how i remove the rear sight. i have a future project with my high standard(aluminum barrel and lsp mount)
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

High standard supermatic trophy military. Empty Re: High standard supermatic trophy military.

Post by Jack H 10/15/2015, 1:02 pm

I wrote this some years ago as Hamden on other sites

Remove rear bridge sight

first with barrel and slide off
1. remove the adjusting screw and plunger at the rear.
2. remove the sear spring pin and spring
3. remove the sear pin and sear.
4. remove the side plate so the safety can be removed. The tab on the safety must not be upset.

then
1. drive the rear roll pin into the frame towards where the sear spring was.
2. drive the mated large pins apart. First one by inserting a punch through the small hole in one side. Then a larger punch to remove the second half.
3. drive each of the side roll pins in to just clear their side of the bridge. Too far and they will hit the other side bridge leg.

Use proper punches and support the frame well. Note the positions of parts removed. Be sure to place the sear spring legs into the plunger notch on reassembly. While the slide is off, note the range of effective motion of the plunger on the sear spring. Do not set it too tight it cramps the sear or too loose to where the plunger is not under some pressure. 

If you are careful, you may not need to remove the sear.  But I would anyway.

AS to the Ultradot, the one inch models are fine.  The small window helps you work towards a solid hold.  I by far prefer the 1" 4 dots that are now obsolete. 
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

High standard supermatic trophy military. Empty Re: High standard supermatic trophy military.

Post by jglenn21 10/15/2015, 2:20 pm

if you have the bridged sight all I can say is that if you want to take it off,,, Don't think putting it back on is Anywhere as easy.

We simply left my wife's bridged sight on.. It is easily cleared by most any Ultradot mount and really doesn't get in the way.  Yes she uses the LSP barrel and Dot mount.

here is a very detailed set of instructions if you just have to..

http://www.histandard.info/Jim_Barta/hsremoverear.pdf

Last edited by jglenn21 on 10/17/2015, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 10/15/2015, 8:32 pm

If you go with the 1" ultra dot or one of the aim point micros you can leave the bridge on and still get your hands on the slide enough to cock it without removing the bridge.

I have removed my bridge. I don't recommend it--especially without a press.

The finish under the bridge looks terrible. ...

I have a different technique if you decide you want to go ahead.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 10/16/2015, 6:02 pm

Thank you to all!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 10/16/2015, 10:51 pm

Let us see your finished product!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 10/17/2015, 6:44 am

This is what they can look like after removing rear sight. This work was done by Jack H.

High standard supermatic trophy military. Dscf0410
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 10/17/2015, 2:28 pm

Len, I still owe you the box for that.  And I think I still have the sight I removed from it. 
Actually, over time, I took the sight off, put it back on and removed it again when I shaved the slide for the Bomar rib.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down