Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virginia, the 2nd, and YOU

+3
OldShooter43
chopper
Vociferous
7 posters

Go down

Virginia, the 2nd, and YOU Empty Virginia, the 2nd, and YOU

Post by Vociferous 1/1/2020, 11:38 am

Please watch the entire video, and pass it forward. If this doesn't raise your cockles, I don't know what will. Steve Huff is a bullseye and high power competitor. And a patriot. And a hell of a nice guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRxB2rkFRtA&feature=emb_logo

Steve lays it out, how it is.
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Virginia, the 2nd, and YOU Empty Re: Virginia, the 2nd, and YOU

Post by chopper 1/1/2020, 5:06 pm

Pretty sobering video, and it could happen in any state. It could be any political party, but personally I say it's a progressive movement that wants change at any cost.
 What can we do? Get involved, make our calls to all our senators and house members, and help fund our 2nd Amendment lobby. I try to get my lame nephews who own firearms to join nra or 2ndA foundation, but get lots of excuses. I bet if every gun owner in America joined or would help out, the politicians would fear us as they do now, but really work at solving the major issues legally. They want power, but fear the power of the people.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 1/2/2020, 6:08 pm

One of our problems is that too many gun owners ( including bullseye/PPC shooters?) don't think that this is something that will affect them personally.  They're wrong!  The IDPA/IPSC/USPSA/3-gun competitors better pay attention.  Many, if not most, of the firearms used in those competitions will be outlawed in Virginia if the governor (in small letters on purpose) and his cronies have their way.  Having been a very active Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays shooter for many years, I can guarantee that those folks don't see it as a big problem.  They need to get onboard.

Jim

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 1/3/2020, 9:31 am

OldShooter43 wrote:One of our problems is that too many gun owners ( including bullseye/PPC shooters?) don't think that this is something that will affect them personally.  They're wrong!  The IDPA/IPSC/USPSA/3-gun competitors better pay attention.  Many, if not most, of the firearms used in those competitions will be outlawed in Virginia if the governor (in small letters on purpose) and his cronies have their way.  Having been a very active Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays shooter for many years, I can guarantee that those folks don't see it as a big problem.  They need to get onboard.

Jim

Too true.

Many things have contributed to the destruction of our rights in my state, California, but the foregoing is spot on.  It is documented that the state and local chapters of Ducks Unlimited stabbed "all" gun owners in the back when we were in crisis.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepp 1/4/2020, 10:46 am

I am considering moving to eastern VA but watching the news for the next 6 months.  

I shot clay for years.  As Jim mentions all the old clay smokers would comment the NRA does not apply to them.      Best if all shooters sign up with the NRA or all our firearms will be gone. They will be turned into scrap metal and sent to china to build their war machine.

Zepp

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 1/4/2020, 1:05 pm

Zepp wrote:I am considering moving to eastern VA but watching the news for the next 6 months.  

What are you watching for? You have the Heller decision and everything Heller guarantees will be left in tack no matter what Virgina does. If they overstep the NRA will get an injunction preventing the law from going into effect and then the 2 year minimum court fight to the SCOTUS will begin. SCOTUS is currently more Heritage Foundation oriented than when Heller was decided.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 1/4/2020, 6:44 pm

I'm going to leave the thread so that folks can go to Steve Huff's video if they wish but I don't want the topic to delve deeper into a political discussion here.

Like Steve says in his video, the proposal in Virginia will make many bullseye pistols illegal in that state, so that's the reason that our normally apolitical forum will keep the thread as a record.

There is more than enough political discussion to go around on other sites. Let's maintain the focus on our sport here.

Thanks.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down