Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia?

+7
Pioneer41
Richard Martinez
mpolans
Rodger Barthlow
NukeMMC
dannyd93140
pgg
11 posters

Go down

Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia? Empty Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia?

Post by pgg Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:33 pm

We just moved here and I'd like to find a place that has matches of some sort on a weekly basis.

Closest thing I've found via the internet is Cumberland, MD (Fort Hill Rifle & Pistol Club) but that's a solid 90 minutes away. I'll probably make that drive for some of their highpower rifle matches, but 3 hours of driving for a weeknight pistol event is a bit much.

Fairfax Rod & Gun is 90 minutes in the other direction.

Thanks.

pgg

Back to top Go down

Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia? Empty Re: Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia?

Post by dannyd93140 Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:35 pm

Never has been much for shooting ranges around there; I left 48 years ago but still have some family and friends there.

Did you move there because of work?
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia? Empty Re: Any Bullseye Leagues Near Winchester, Virginia?

Post by pgg Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:01 am

dannyd93140 wrote:Never has been much for shooting ranges around there; I left 48 years ago but still have some family and friends there.

Yes, I retired from the Navy and took a job in Winchester.

pgg

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:09 am

There is a good winter indoor league up here in Central PA, but we're 2hrs north of you. 27 weeks of 22 with a 600 aggressive shot every Wed night from about 7-10pm. Check out http://wppl.us/ .The teams alternate home and away with ranges in Abbottstown, Carlisle, Harrisburg, Middletown, Hummelstown and Palmyra. Palmyra hosts outdoor matches with the Dutchman 2700 and EIC next weekend.
Abbottstown hosts the indoor sectionals in the spring. Also check out http://www.njpistol.com/index_new2.asp. there is lots of info on there for Mid-Atlantic bullseye.

Seems to me Kaarlo Elonen was down at the Commsta in your area.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:57 am

pgg wrote:
dannyd93140 wrote:Never has been much for shooting ranges around there; I left 48 years ago but still have some family and friends there.

Yes, I retired from the Navy and took a job in Winchester.

That's how I got out of there joined the Navy 48 years ago retired in 1995.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:46 am

Check out Monocacy Pistol club outside of Frederick MD. They have a web site you can google and check out the range and club. There is a Wed. night .22 rimfire league thru the summer and 2700&1800 Matches on the weekends plus other stuff to shoot if you're into the steel shooting stuff.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:00 pm

The Metro Pistol League is starting up its .22 rimfire fall league soon. It's shot on Monday nights at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA, which is probably about an hour from Winchester, VA. It's 20 rounds slow fire (50 yards) and 20 rounds timed fire, 20 rounds rapid fire (25 yards). You can see the info and POC here: 

http://metropistol.org/

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:14 pm

That's one reason why I stayed in Jacksonville was the gun range.  When I retired took whatever job I could find around here.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Martinez Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:17 pm

I am also looking to for matches in the Northern VA area. When does the season die down and pick back up? Where can most info be found?

Richard Martinez

Back to top Go down

Post by Pioneer41 Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Fairfax Rod and Gun Club has well-run monthly matches, including some EIC, during the summer months. If you shoot air pistol they offer matches in winter.

Pioneer41

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckS1 Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm

Doesnt the Izaak Walton League in/close to Manassas have bullseye matches?  I recall shooting one there years ago.
ChuckS1
ChuckS1

Pioneer41 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckS1 Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:39 pm

mpolans wrote:The Metro Pistol League is starting up its .22 rimfire fall league soon. It's shot on Monday nights at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA, which is probably about an hour from Winchester, VA. It's 20 rounds slow fire (50 yards) and 20 rounds timed fire, 20 rounds rapid fire (25 yards). You can see the info and POC here: 

http://metropistol.org/
How does one get on a team?
ChuckS1
ChuckS1

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:46 pm

Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club has matches now and again,  just south of Charlottesville, 
Cavalier may be a bit longer drive, (north west of RVA),  has matches as well
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike M. Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:01 pm

If black powder is an option, the North-South Skirmish Association has their national range about five miles north of Winchester.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelabbe Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:35 am

ChuckS1 wrote:Doesnt the Izaak Walton League in/close to Manassas have bullseye matches?  I recall shooting one there years ago.
Yes, 

ARL-FX Bullseye RIMFIRE Pistol League  

• Usually the 1st Sunday in March through July (Months subject to change)

ARL-FX Bullseye Centerfire Pistol Matches League

• Usually the 1st Sunday in September through December (Months subject to change)

Bullseye Pistol Leagues – The Arlington-Fairfax Chapter Inc. (arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org)

Sam A.

samuelabbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down