Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xesse Problems

+2
Wobbley
7tcu
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xesse Problems Empty Xesse Problems

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Let me ask this a different way. I need a gunsmith to work on my pistol. I bought this off a fellow in Florida who told me this was a go to go pistol which turns out be be a lie. The slide was worn out and it jammed every other round. I bit the bullet and started changing out parts. I bought a new slide, firing pin and spring. Everything fit except the firing pin will not come out all the way and hit the rim hard enough to fire the gun. I can push on the firing pin and some times it will protrude all the way and other time it hangs up. So as a result it will not fire. So I need some help getting the pistol working properly. Any one know who might help me out. Thanks Jim
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Xesse Problems Empty Re: Xesse Problems

Post by Wobbley Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Is the firing pin sprung to hold it to the rear?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:54 pm

yes
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Then I would look at the firing pin and spring.  There may be a shoulder or groove that is hanging up the firing pin from going forward or something in the firing pin recess like a pin or screw that just catches sometimes.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 pm

With the spring out you can get the firing pin to protrude thru the slide about 5/16 " with no trouble, the only thing in slide is a roll pin that keeps the firing pin in place. It has a groove in the firing pin to allow for this and the pin can travel the needed amount. So as I figure I need some one who works on these, but keep the suggestions coming.  We might figure it out
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Is there a burr or catch in the firing pin recess where the spring is?  This sounds to me like the spring is binding.  Springs expand when compressing.  It may not be much but there’s a restriction that is causing the spring to stack.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 pm

On a Sig, the firing pin coming in contact with the firing pin positioning pin (roll pin) can raise a very slight shoulder (raised edge)on the firing pin that can drag in the firing pin channel and impede the pins movement slightly causing occasional light strikes.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:16 pm

The firing pin and spring is new and I can not see or feel any burrs on it. The only thing I am wondering is the fact that in can install the firing pin with the grove facing up or down.  I wonder if I have it in upside down. But it does seem to hang up on something and the way I hold it has some bearing to the problem. Originally this was a Sig but the new slide says Hammerli on it but they should be the same.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Well I flipped the firing pin over and so far I am not getting it to hang up. So I put a fired case in and pulled the trigger, it hit the rim harder but I will not be able to tell until I make it to the range.  Looking at the mark his gun makes on the rim is so much smaller than what my S&W 41 makes, make me wonder if any rounds would  go off.  I mean it is a real small mark on the rim.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Slamfires can also be caused by insufficient headspace (where the rim seats), or by rounds that fail to chamber properly due to contact on entry. Those aren't things we can diagnose too well over the internet though. You have any other local gunsmiths?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 pm

No one close, I will have to look around.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Be super careful, slamfires are really dangerous. If you load a full mag, the gun can go full auto.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 pm

trailsides don't make a large rim imprint..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:57 am

Thanks for the rim imprint fact, I was wondering,, As far as slamfires, this thing will not fire at all. But we will see tomorrow as the range opens then.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

Sent you a PM about your trigger reset issue
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 pm

PM's must take a while as I have not receiver any new message as yet
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:54 pm

Make sure your "Inbox" isn't full as no new messages will be received if it is.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 pm

It finally showed up.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:57 am

Went to the range and it was the same old thing.  fires sometimes and not other times. I can almost feel when it does not slam shut enough to  fire the next round. When it does not fire it does not eject the round so it drop the mag and recock it and sometimes it will fire. I wonder if it is a clearance problem or a weak mainspring. New slide, new firing pin, new firing pin spring
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Did it do this before you changed out the slide? If the problem started with the slide, I'd conclude that it needs fitting.

I misunderstood earlier when I made the slamfire comment, but this could be a similar issue, in the opposite direction. Too much headspace can cause weak strikes, but fixing that is complex, it involves milling the face of the slide.

It could certainly also be a weak mainspring, but you might want to measure the firing pin movement before concluding that. With the slide off, if you push the FP fully forward, how far out of the channel does it poke? I'm not sure what the Xesse clerance should normally be, but measuring yours is a start.

Another possibility is a sticky extractor, which can prevent the slide going fully into battery. Can you see any daylight between the slide and the barrel after a normal cycle? If so, does poking the extractor with a sharp point move anything?

Last possibility is a tight or dinged chamber, preventing the round from fully seating. Have you done the "plop test" by dropping a round into the chamber with the barrel pointing straight down, and seeing if it "plops"?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:08 pm

I have been thru all this many times before but a round will fall in the chamber, the smallest feeler guage I have is .003" and it will not fit in between the slide and barrel. I was having this kind of a problem before I changed the slide. I am not sure which extractor I have in it as I was swapping them back and forth to see if it made any difference. CCI ammo fires more than Aguila. I might just give up and get a new one if i can find someone who can swap triggers as this one has Larry's trigger in it. Or find someone around Houston who can work on these pistols.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Just heard from Jon Eulette so this thing is going to California.
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Perfect. Sorry to rehash old ground, glad it's on the way to being solved!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by 7tcu Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:43 pm

you and me both, I am tried of fighting this thing
7tcu
7tcu

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Xsse are like VW Passats great until you get a bad one and they they are madening. Did you check the triggegaurd/Slide stop. sometimes they go and the masses up the timing. 

I would have paid a machinist to make that part out of armorer's steel or tungsten.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next