Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns

+7
Outthere
Black_Talon
gregbenner
zanemoseley
Sa-tevp
Bheath
Mike38
11 posters

Go down

Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns Empty Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns

Post by Mike38 Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 pm

It appears that Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns web site is up and operational. Good news!

https://www.larrysguns.com/ContactUs.aspx
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns Empty Re: Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns

Post by Bheath Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry Would be Proud!!

Bheath

Back to top Go down

Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns Empty Re: Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns

Post by Sa-tevp Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:22 pm

A slight hitch. 

Go to the Main page at https://www.larrysguns.com/ first to see instructions on ordering.

Not a big deal for most of us, just a different way of ordering for some people.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:34 am

Oh, well maybe I jumped the gun. The page in my original post was the first thing to pop up on a google search to see if Red Feather Outfitters was operational or not. One page makes it look like it's fully operational, the other page makes it look like you have to e-mail it in. Which is it?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:39 am

I ordered a pair of 208S grips and scope mount about a month or two ago. I had to email Jim, easy enough.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I ordered a pair of 208S grips and scope mount about a month or two ago. I had to email Jim, easy enough.
Zane, what was your turnaround time to get the stuff?

(Presume you did get it LOL)

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Got my stuff within 2 weeks of my first email. No complaints. Very nice grips and scope mount.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Black_Talon Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm

I emailed him an order request Tuesday and have yet to get a reply.
Black_Talon
Black_Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:49 am

zanemoseley wrote:Got my stuff within 2 weeks of my first email. No complaints. Very nice grips and scope mount.
Same here. No complaints.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:18 pm

I emailed Jim and he sent me P240 parts as promised. Very helpful.. Very reasonable price & shipping..

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Red Feather Outfitters / Larry's Guns Empty So far not a good experience-let's hope it improves!

Post by CraigB5940 Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:36 am

I bought a used late model 215 last month from Simpsons and called Red Feather to order a recoil spring so I could test it with a new one. They would not take a phone order, they said send an email to Jim's email address on the web site listing what I need. 

I sent an email and it took about three weeks to get the recoil spring! All the while I added to the email that went back and forth on my order was on that I wanted to get the price for an optics mount and  a few used magazines, I wanted to buy them too. I never got an answer and ended up finding a mount from a forum member here. 

This service model sucks, email them with what you want, wait one week for a reply listing if they have it and the price, then confirm you want it, wait one week later for an email asking for a PayPal payment for the full order price with S&H charges and then wait one or two weeks more for the order to ship.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things long term and thank god this is not a match pistol for me. I really miss calling Deanna and getting an order a few days later!

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:28 am

Greetings,

Have you tried buying parts direct from Walther in Europe?

Just be glad that Mr. Henderson is working at supplying parts in the USA.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB5940 Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:25 pm

I'm going to have patience with Read Feather, they have stuff Walter  might not have that Larry had made for him like the magazine bases etc.  It's not great now but I also understand what they must be dealing with getting the business set up. 

I did not know Walther/Umarex had any parts logistics at all direct to the public.  I do have a link from a forum member on a german vendor, I cant read their web site in german but the word is that you can email them with what you need and they will get back to you in English.

This may sound sacrilegious but this pistol is my "22 Precision Plinker", I put a nice set of Nils grips that are similar to  grips on my Sig P210 A grips that can be used one hand or two, I have shot noting but precision pistols with Rink ortho grips (including my BE 1911) and this 215 is the cat's meow to shoot both one handed and two handed with. 

It actually felt strange to shoot a pistol two handed after two years of only shooting one handed as I lust for a master classification which I hope is not a pipe dream!  It shoots so well that it may have a future as a match pistol too! I may shoot EIC with it after I see if master class is something in can achieve in the next year or two.

So far it's been very reliable and accurate. I really wish they still made them!

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 am

CraigB5940 wrote:I did not know Walther/Umarex had any parts logistics at all direct to the public.  I do have a link from a forum member on a german vendor, I cant read their web site in german but the word is that you can email them with what you need and they will get back to you in English.
Craig,

Type "translate" in Google.  They had a translation tool which worked on webpages.  Just tried it, and can't find the webpage tool (yet), but have used it before.  Hope this helps.

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:48 am

Google Translate works pretty well. https://translate.google.com/

You can copy and paste a website URL into it and it will translate the website.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down