Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting KN Grips

4 posters

Go down

Fitting KN Grips Empty Fitting KN Grips

Post by Slartybartfast 3/16/2020, 11:11 am

So, I put K&N grips on my CZ97B. Love the grips, but they don't seem to fit well up near the trigger and there's some movement between the grips and frame.
Is there a specific way to adjust them to make them fit tight?
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Fitting KN Grips Empty Re: Fitting KN Grips

Post by -TT- 3/18/2020, 8:23 am

CZ pistols seem to have a lot of variation in the cutouts below the grips, and of course therefore the grips vary quite a bit too. I think you simply have to fiddle.

Be sure to check that the screws are seating properly in the hole chamfers, sometimes they'll be flat (for socket cap and button head screws), other times countersunk.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 3/25/2020, 6:53 am

I am not sure if it would apply to the CZ, but I have had a couple of 1911 grips that used a small o-ring to snug up the fit on the grips.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/25/2020, 12:41 pm

File and fit them.  I had to file on the aluminum CMM adapter to fit the grip frame cutout "window" of my 41 grip.  On a Nill wood grip I had to "bed" the same window into the gripframe with a dab of accraglass.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 3/25/2020, 1:13 pm

Jack H wrote:On a Nill wood grip I had to "bed" the same window into the gripframe with a dab of accraglass.
I think this is what will need to be done. There is space around the grip in each window.
The top forward corner, nearest the trigger, both sides don't quite grab the frame either. But that would require a lot of wood working it would seem. The fit on the seams is perfect. But maybe sanding each at the joins would tighten the fit there too.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down