Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kodiak Pardini Mount

3 posters

Go down

Kodiak Pardini Mount  Empty Kodiak Pardini Mount

Post by Schaumannk Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Ok.   Got my Kodiak Pardini mount from KC today.   I got it tight on the gun but am questioning how much Blue loctite to apply and where.     The main screws seem to hold the mount on the gun perfectly, leaving me to wonder what the purpose is of the tiny set screws on the same side.  

Any suggestions about where and what to loctite and what those tiny tiny set screws are for is appreciated.   I want to put the scope on once, with no movement.  

Additional question.   Which tubes will fit the Sig Romeo 5?

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Kodiak Pardini Mount  Empty Re: Kodiak Pardini Mount

Post by Jwhelan939 Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:03 pm

I have 4 of them that I bought new. 2 on SP and 2 on HP . I used zero loctite on any of them and they have held fine for thousands of rounds. I have purchased a number of used ones that were loctited at the screws immediately stripped out. I've had to replace a number of screws because they were held with loctite. I personally don't think it's necessary at all.

Jwhelan939

Schaumannk and farmboy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:I have 4 of them that I bought new. 2 on SP and 2 on HP . I used zero loctite on any of them and they have held fine for thousands of rounds. I have purchased a number of used ones that were loctited at the screws immediately stripped out. I've had to replace a number of screws because they were held with loctite. I personally don't think it's necessary at all.
Thanks. KC just got back to be.   This is what he said as well.

Schaumannk

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Did KC explain the tiny setscrews? They're for making the sliding locking piece fit the lower angle on the rail. You want the hook end to tuck under the rail so it touches cleanly at one edge. This ensures the mount is being pulled down onto the top of the rail, as well as locked on front-to-back. It's a really nice design, that the Aimpoint mount doesn't have.

The way I adjust is to loosen the setscrews, very slightly tighten the through bolt, then snug the setscrews until the moving piece just starts to pull the mount tight to the rail. Then snug the throughbolt fully. Done. You shouldn't have to touch the setscrews until you install on a different rail, or maybe in a different location.
-TT-
-TT-

Schaumannk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:18 pm

-TT- wrote:Did KC explain the tiny setscrews? They're for making the sliding locking piece fit the lower angle on the rail. You want the hook end to tuck under the rail so it touches cleanly at one edge. This ensures the mount is being pulled down onto the top of the rail, as well as locked on front-to-back. It's a really nice design, that the Aimpoint mount doesn't have.

The way I adjust is to loosen the setscrews, very slightly tighten the through bolt, then snug the setscrews until the moving piece just starts to pull the mount tight to the rail. Then snug the throughbolt fully. Done. You shouldn't have to touch the setscrews until you install on a different rail, or maybe in a different location.
He did, but it is always helpful to have it explained again, in a different way.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down