Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock...

+12
Carbide
Virgil Kane
Rob Kovach
C.Perkins
DeweyHales
bullseyebill
Founder
1joel1
DavidR
mahoak
Powderman
Jerry944T
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock... - Page 2 Empty Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock...

Post by Jerry944T 3/12/2013, 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yes it's true. Able Ammo is the source. They only want $32.95 for a box of 50. Remind me to never buy ammo from those thieves. The good news is that at least they have it in stock which means that pretty soon it may be back on the shelves of folks that aren't out to screw the average shooter.

Last edited by Jerry944T on 3/16/2013, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry944T

Back to top Go down

Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock... - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock...

Post by Guest 3/16/2013, 4:10 pm

Free enterprise works both ways. We are free to never purchase from a vendor that gouges, or pay what they are asking for. We are also free to have a long memory...

Chip

Back to top Go down

Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock... - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock...

Post by Founder 3/16/2013, 6:45 pm

I found a somewhat local store selling CCI SV 100 round plastic box for $12.95 each with a limit of 300 rounds per customer. I told him I was fine with limits vs being overpriced.
While I was at the shop they received many calls asking them to ship ammo out of stare and they refused and explained that the ammo they have is for their customers.

They did not have a huge supply of ammo but until they get confirmation of another shipment coming they will continue to ration supplies. There was a brick of Eley Tenex there for $147 and the Federal Gold Match brick was $132. I have never shopped the federal but that is a steal for the Tenex!

Great little place, been in business for 40 years Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan Wi.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 3/16/2013, 9:34 pm

Joe Fobes wrote:I found a somewhat local store selling CCI SV 100 round plastic box for $12.95 each with a limit of 300 rounds per customer. I told him I was fine with limits vs being overpriced.
While I was at the shop they received many calls asking them to ship ammo out of stare and they refused and explained that the ammo they have is for their customers.

They did not have a huge supply of ammo but until they get confirmation of another shipment coming they will continue to ration supplies. There was a brick of Eley Tenex there for $147 and the Federal Gold Match brick was $132. I have never shopped the federal but that is a steal for the Tenex!

Great little place, been in business for 40 years Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan Wi.

Dang Joe I know of the place. I use to go there when I belonged to a Pheasant hunting club in the area. Small store but cramed with goodies and a nice guy that owns the place to boot! Use to be if you needed something and he didn't have it he would order it for you and give a call when it came in. Something the big box stores will not do.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 3/16/2013, 10:23 pm

Virgil,

Thats the place! My wife finally went and sat in the car because the place was so crowded! Three people and the store is crowded, I think there were 8 of us in there! Someone asked if there was an extended mag release available for his Glock and the owner walked across the store and plucked one from the ceiling and said "Yup, thought I had one over here someplace, anything else you need?"

I had almost forgotten about the place myself and decided it was a nice day for a drive and no gun shows in the area. If it was a little closer I would go back tomorrow and get another 300 rounds!

Great people there and a nice selection of firearms, I picked up a Ruger 10/22 while I was there just because I have not been able to pick one up from any distributors for several months now.
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Powderman 3/18/2013, 12:28 pm

And, once again I have been reminded why the Bullseye community is the best shooting family within the shooting sports...bar NONE!
Shortly after my last post, I received a PM from a member of this board--on Saturday, if we can coordinate meeting times, I will be picking up about 4 bricks of CCI SV from him--at $28.00 per brick!!!
That is why I chose BE shooting over other sports--the willingness of the shooters to help each other out is only one great thing about us, but it is a GOOD thing.
Thanks again!
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 3/18/2013, 3:25 pm

I am amazed that this thread is still going.

Prices change based on supply and demand. Most places that have kept prices fixed have run out of supply. Good prices and no stock is not going to feed my reloading press.

I have had several offers for supplies from good people. And, I appreciate that.

It's great that we are all able to work together to keep people shooting, but businesses with no hope of current resupply at traditional levels, should be allowed to raise prices. If that irks you, don't buy. Accordingly, if the company goes out of business, don't complain even though prices would come back to normal when demand drops or supply catches up. The Walmarts (and other big box retailers) of the world would sell out the shooting community at the drop of a hat if they could get some tax perk for doing so.

I have enough .22 to get through the season I hope. But, if prices were good, I would buy everything I could just to have more. Some would be for my stack, and some would be to loan to new shooters. Higher prices are what keeps that ammo on the shelf for someone that wants it or needs it more than me.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/18/2013, 7:04 pm

Ok Dewey. You've used up your allotment of making the same point over and over again. We get that you are in favor of retailers raising their margins in a time of limited supply.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bdutton 3/19/2013, 7:35 am

The lesson here for all of you competitive shooters is to have at least 1 years supply of ammo on hand at all times.
bdutton
bdutton

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/19/2013, 9:01 am

DeweyHales wrote:I am amazed that this thread is still going.

Prices change based on supply and demand. Most places that have kept prices fixed have run out of supply. Good prices and no stock is not going to feed my reloading press.

IHigher prices are what keeps that ammo on the shelf for someone that wants it or needs it more than me.
29.95 a box for cci sv will keep it on his shelf till hell freezes over even if it means i dont shoot a match. lol!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 3/19/2013, 3:32 pm

Rob Kovach wrote:Ok Dewey. You've used up your allotment of making the same point over and over again. We get that you are in favor of retailers raising their margins in a time of limited supply.

I'm glad I made my point. For a while, I was wondering why people were against the free market.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Powderman 3/19/2013, 6:43 pm

Free market? No one is against a free market; everyone who trades or sells has the right to set whatever price they want on their goods. That is known as free enterprise, of course.

On the other hand, the person can sell the best product in the world--if no one buys it, they do not succeed at their business.

If a business sells goods at a reasonable price, builds a rapport with their customer base and makes a decent effort to conduct equitable trade, that is part of customer service. Customer service is the foundation that either brings the customers in and keeps customers loyal--or drives them away to spend their dollars elsewhere.

The owner of the business has to make the choice.
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 3/19/2013, 7:11 pm

I think there are no clear winners in the discussion. Free enterprise is just that, free! No market restrictions and few regulations on pricing and this is the way it should be.

If I were in the ammo business right now my prices would remain fair but I would limit quantities available to purchase. The real price drivers are the people on auction sites, knowing supply is short and some people will pay anything to get their hands on a box of shells the amateur business people are marking prices as high as they can get away with. Some retailers are doing the same.

I saw a post on Armslist for 22 ammo and I made a more than fair offer to buy three bricks, you would have thought I was trying to steal his first born from him! Guy blew a gasket (in email form) and I was basically told to pound sand.

The not so nice retailers are seeing what is happening with the auction sites and what people are selling items for and pricing their retail product in a similar fashion. People that can afford to (and some that can't) will pay the inflated asking prices and feed the idea. I choose not to feed the retailers that use this practice and will remember them in the future. That is the flip side of a free market.

Dewey you have made your point that sellers are free to do whatever they want with their pricing, that is the principle that drives a free market. However they run the risk of losing future business for short term gain. Retail is a gamble and some business' need the operating cash now and will take the chance on what the future brings. That is their choice and they need to live or die by that choice.

Joe
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot 3/19/2013, 7:47 pm

With the collapse of the AWB in Senate today, these guys will find out how many bridges they've blown up by bending everyone over. Stocks should start to correct on the ammo shelves although I doubt we will ever see $20 bricks again, ( thanks, Feinstein, Reid and Obama) but we will see soon enough I suspect.
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 3/19/2013, 9:11 pm

I hit one of the local gun stores tonight. For the first time in a long time, I saw bunches of ammo and 230 fmj Winchester bullets. Hopefully, we will see things slide back toward normal.

We had our first outdoor match this past weekend. Clark had some supplies available to keep guys out on the line in case anyone was getting short.

It's the guys and gals in this sport that make it so great.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT 4/4/2013, 11:38 pm

Powderman wrote:just like I was recently offered $3000, cash on the table, for my used but well cared for Colt LE6920. I told the person who made the offer that, if I were interested in selling, I would only charge him $1200 for the rifle, and $300 for the Aimpoint Comp M2 on it

Wow! I found CCI Standard Velocity in stock... - Page 2 2867566621

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT 4/4/2013, 11:44 pm

Wingshot wrote:With the collapse of the AWB in Senate today, these guys will find out how many bridges they've blown up by bending everyone over. Stocks should start to correct on the ammo shelves although I doubt we will ever see $20 bricks again, ( thanks, Feinstein, Reid and Obama) but we will see soon enough I suspect.

5000 rounds of SV is almost non-existent on GunBroker as of tonight and if you can find any at $800 anywhere you're lucky as those selling SV in 1000 rd amounts are getting $200 w/o shipping.

Obama was re-elected and people didn't buy primers, powder, bullets, and .22 ammo? This would be on "Military Blunders" if it it had a foreign force landing here. One landed in the White House FOR A SECOND TIME and still people blame others. Now this I find truly amazing.

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT 4/4/2013, 11:52 pm

Powderman wrote:Free market? No one is against a free market; everyone who trades or sells has the right to set whatever price they want on their goods. That is known as free enterprise, of course.

On the other hand, the person can sell the best product in the world--if no one buys it, they do not succeed at their business.

If a business sells goods at a reasonable price, builds a rapport with their customer base and makes a decent effort to conduct equitable trade, that is part of customer service. Customer service is the foundation that either brings the customers in and keeps customers loyal--or drives them away to spend their dollars elsewhere.

The owner of the business has to make the choice.

People, not businesses, on auction sites are no different than people selling a used car in the classified ads. They are hoping for the best price. They are gouging no one at all. If you want prices regulated, write to Obama. Maybe he'll ban selling online by Executive Order. Then you can go to your local shop who ALWAYS charged way more than the online places.

I wish people with your views would just admit to themselves that they made a mistake and are paying a really high tuition for the lesson.

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by Powderman 4/5/2013, 1:00 am

Well, DonT, it seems that there are other people on this board--and in the Bullseye community with my "views"--that helping out a fellow shooter is a good thing, and that being fair is also a good thing.

I picked up the ammo I mentioned earlier, from another member of this board. 2000 rounds of CCI SV, and 1000 rounds of Aguila--for $28.00 a brick. I didn't mind the drive at all.

Second, sometimes buying online isn't as good as it seems--when you figure in shipping and hazmat, when applicable. If it's a gun, then a transfer fee applies.

And yes...I do go to my local gun shops. Yes, I pay a bit more, but I know it--because I genuinely like the owners of these businesses, I appreciate their customer service and I don't mind helping them to stay in business.

There are more important things than making a fast buck. Y'all have a good one.
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 4/5/2013, 9:16 am

People, not businesses, on auction sites are no different than people selling a used car in the classified ads. They are hoping for the best price. They are gouging no one at all. If you want prices regulated, write to Obama. Maybe he'll ban selling online by Executive Order. Then you can go to your local shop who ALWAYS charged way more than the online places.

I wish people with your views would just admit to themselves that they made a mistake and are paying a really high tuition for the lesson.[/quote]

Well Don T you say that we are paying a really high tuition for the lesson so let me school you a bit.

You sir have no idea to whom you are talking to. It seems that those that don't fit into the servivalist mentality that seems to go along with telling others that we have somehow made a fatal tactical error in not stockpiling ammo for the impending apocalypse are somehow not quite as intelligent as those that have. Thank God we have people like you to split and divide the shooting community by insinuating that somehow there are stupid people amungst us. And then insult us again by saying to write president Obama for an executive order. I'm glad you think that you are smarter than your fellow shooter. The sad truth is, your not.

Let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm a 2 tour of duty Viet Nam Combat vet with 75 Ranger Division and worked LRRP for most of those two years. I don't know a darn thing about you but I can tell you this. I don't need you insulting me or anybody else in this shooting community with the words you wrote. Ya, I'm the guy that in my younger years was looking to the horizion in hopes of another war, it's a state of mind that doesn't change with age or years. I like many people here have have gone through times much harder that this ammo shortage and the way to get through it is to stick together. In the 6 man squads that worked LRRP we would have outed you in a heartbeat and sent you packing to another outfit. Nobody needed or would put up with attitude then and we sure don't need it now. And we sure don't need some kind of pissing contest here to find out who's smart enough to have bought ammo and supplies before this impending apocolypse.

And by the way, I have plenty of ammo and reloading supplies and I WILL help out those that don't have. It's not only the American way to do things but also the Christian way and I'm proud to be both. Elections are once again coming up, Let's see what happens. Those squeaky wheels that have failed in both combat with their brothers in arms and at the polling place will have to man up and stand together. But I'm afraid that like in combat those squeaky wheels will be nowhere to be found.

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow shooters, ammo or no ammo to get the changes we need in this country to support our shooting sports. You sir can either join us or become what we would refer to in the Rangers as a REMF.

If my writing here get me booted then so be it. I for one will not be part of this survivalist mentality. I am no better than the man standing next to me, I will help him not insult him. That's the way God made us like it or not.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by expendable 4/5/2013, 10:41 am

Thank you Virgil.

Kurt

expendable

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT 4/6/2013, 12:23 am

Virgil Kane wrote:

You sir have no idea to whom you are talking to. It seems that those that don't fit into the servivalist mentality that seems to go along with telling others that we have somehow made a fatal tactical error in not stockpiling ammo for the impending apocalypse are somehow not quite as intelligent as those that have. Thank God we have people like you to split and divide the shooting community by insinuating that somehow there are stupid people amungst us. And then insult us again by saying to write president Obama for an executive order. I'm glad you think that you are smarter than your fellow shooter. The sad truth is, your not.

You sir, have made an astounding, and unwarranted, leap into an area that is not even remotely justified by the comments I made. Your extreme defense and umbrage to words I did not say is quite telling.

Let me tell you a little about myself.

WOW...you felt the need to make that public so as to be what, a man who should be respected when he speaks? I thank you for your service then. I thank you for nothing now.

But since you decided to drag out the patriotism label, so be it. The draft card I still carry in my pocket reads random sequence number 051. After the Marines left in 1971 I tried to get a contract with the Army to be a medic - for those who do not know, those are the guys you scream for along with God and your mother when hit and who can't buy a drink in a bar because they crawl over cut glass to try to save your life. I knew the job going in and I was willing to do it. Call it stupidity and thinking one is bulletproof at age 18 if you like as that's probably why guys age 35 don't ask for that job. My plan I decided on when quite young was to be a doctor and in HS to fight communism and being a Navy Corpsman was my ticket to med school. But the war for them was over as I graduated. With the war winding down the ARMY (Ain't Ready to be a Marine Yet) could not offer me a contract to be a medic as they didn't need any with the troop reduction. They tried to talk me into other areas the guys who score high on the testing are placed into but that was all I wanted to be. My plans were to serve, survive, get the GI Bill, and get into med school. My plans changed quickly as my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer and died in a year and I had to help support the family. Despite scores of 95-100 on ALL the NYC Regents exams I had to go to a community college. I didn't have the time to get the close to 4.0 GPA I would have needed to get into a med school or the money for student loans to go to a school that graduated pre-med students. My war changed to help keep the family afloat and in a house.

I drink monthly with combat Marines from Korea, Vietnam, and Gulf War I and II. Not one of them would have listed who they were and what they did on a board as you just did. I only recently found out a nickname given to a guy wasn't due to his small stature with muscle and sinew but rather that when out of ammo they marched pre-dawn down off a hill and right into the VC and were out-numbered 5-1. As a pitcher in HS he threw rocks from bags as he stood his ground and enabled other men in his platoon to grab their dropped rifles and they lost only six men out of 46 where if they had waited for the VC charge up the hill at sunrise they'd have all died. He was awarded the Bronze Star. That I never knew either. Real tough guys don't talk.

I know operators who are a disgrace now to their family. So don't think your past makes your opinion worth more than anyone else's because it doesn't. That you stated it with "you don't know who you're talking to" makes it mean nothing to me. I am embarrassed for you that you felt the need to bring it up as it brings dishonor to those who serve. That Wall in DC, I am told, is lined with the names of quiet heroes and not loudmouths who go through life saying how tough they are or what they did. I know a man with three tours on a medivac copter that would land in a hot LZ and reign holy hell from the mounted machine gun. He kept a 38 pistol around his neck to put a bullet in his head if he was to be captured as they would skin those guys alive for the number of people they killed. His son came home last year and said a guy with his same name is now on a monument in town as having served in a war. He never wanted to tell his son what he had to do. I only know because on November 10th he offered a toast and had tears rolling down his cheeks as he recited the names of 8 friends who died in his arms and I asked someone else what that was about.

Today I shipped 150 pounds to a unit at an FOB in a hell hole called Afghanistan. I've been doing it since the war started. Tomorrow I send another 150 pounds. A few years ago I was invited to sit directly next to a 3 star Marine general, whose name will not be mentioned here but I have the pictures to prove it, at an affair he was speaking at, all because of a program I started. I called him "General" and he immediately told me to call him by his first name and that I had earned it. At that table was also someone who was in the Hanoi Hilton before McCain and he said not a word about his service. Interesting, huh? I was located by the general himself at the first table I sat at, not brought to him, because while leading men in Fallujah my name and address was on every box of baby wipes that arrived for them to wash down with (one each day) as well as other hygiene products. I am humbled that he told me he said in Iraq that if he should ever he pass through my city he would look me up and thank me personally for what I coordinated for his men and tell me that the feeling of being half human after a wipe down was a great moral booster.

That year I personally boxed and shipped, through 25+ trips to the post office over, 125 boxes totaling over 2500 pounds to deployed Marines that he was in close contact with daily. You probably sat on your ass and didn't write so much as a letter, of which I arranged for and collected well over 2,000 from 1st graders to churches to old age homes, all thanking grunts for what they were doing.

Why did I do all of this with no requirement to do so and with ZERO public recognition as I refused it when offered? Because it was the right thing to do. So don't try to pull-out the "I served" card as there are many forms of service and none of them necessarily make you any better than the guy with legally blind vision (not me) who wanted to serve but was deemed 4F. I only state this here because of what you brought up, that reeks of arrogance, and because no one here who will ever meet me will know what I have done. It's not how it works.

I don't need you insulting me or anybody else in this shooting community with the words you wrote. Ya, I'm the guy that in my younger years was looking to the horizion in hopes of another war, it's a state of mind that doesn't change with age or years.

Then you learned nothing because the best mission is the one where you come back with the same magazine in your weapon that you left with as per SEALS I have spoken to because if you needed 200 rounds you weren't all that surgical and unexpectedly stepped into it.

If you felt insulted by my message it is your own weakness. Perhaps you need to consider PTSD. It's nothing to be ashamed about and many Vietnam Vets are just coming to terms with the denial that they were put through hell and came back damaged. I have sat-in on a few meetings on invitation and know some men with it. They say it's the best thing they ever admitted to. I know a marine colonel whose unit was last to leave Vietnam who freely admits to his years of denial and trying to drink away the pain. For them, boasting about what they did is frowned upon as it's considered a defense mechanism for the pain they suffer as they try to tell the world they are still tough when the fact is that it's not a question of if a man will break, but when.

So there's an education FOR YOU. Maybe you need some help, maybe you don't, after reading your reply. If you drink a little too much at times or remain a hard-ass as you think you are, you should talk to someone just to be sure. Your family will like you better for it.

Good luck,
DT

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 4/6/2013, 12:38 am

OK, both of you...Don T and Virgil Kane....Knock it off. Your stories about who is the bigger patriot, or better veteran, and who you know and what you've done aren't going to make you shoot bullseye better. I know cuz I'm the BIGGEST patriot, BEST veteran and I shoot like shit.
Shake hands and carry on. That's an order.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2