Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard Trigger Reset Issue.

5 posters

Go down

High Standard Trigger Reset Issue. Empty High Standard Trigger Reset Issue.

Post by mmalerba 10/7/2020, 7:09 pm

Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a High Standard Trophy. The gun was in near unfired condition and quite pristine. Everything works fine except for the trigger does not reset all the time. About 8 out of 10 times it will not reset.
I confirmed the sear spring is free, not damaged and positioned correctly in the adjustment notch. The adjustment screw was about flush with the frame, about 2 clicks in. I tried increasing the sear adjustment and screwed the adjustment in by several clicks, no luck.
I stripped the gun completely and lightly polished the rough machine marks with a very fine stone. The sear and trigger both pivot freely with out the trigger bar in place. The sear and trigger pin holes are very snug, round and not elongated.

My thought are the trigger bar might be binding on the safety or side over. 

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Thank you all!

Michael
mmalerba
mmalerba

Back to top Go down

High Standard Trigger Reset Issue. Empty Re: High Standard Trigger Reset Issue.

Post by Jon Eulette 10/7/2020, 7:36 pm

Pull the left grip off. Be careful of trigger bar spring flying out. Check the trigger bar notch where it engages the sear. See them boogered up on regular basis. Dress or clean it up with stone if necessary. Should have a little extra room for travel and not be so closely to sear that it barely resets.
Jon

Last edited by Jon Eulette on 10/7/2020, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 10/7/2020, 7:42 pm

Jon, I have Michael's gun and I know exactly what's going on here. The side plate tension is very high, it pushes down on the safety lever and safety lever rubs against disconnector, which holds the trigger in the rearward position and does not allow it to reset. So my question is, what is considered a normal side plate tension? It is bent pretty aggressively, should I try to bend it out a little bit to reduce the tension?

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 10/7/2020, 7:56 pm

I'd bend it.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 10/7/2020, 8:15 pm

I am not sure if this is what JAve duke sees. 
I have seen a very few times the small front tab on the safety lever rub the trigger bar when in the fire position.  This happens right in front of the disconnect bump. 
Solution is to file the trigger bar just enough to clear.  No more than that as it still has to have disconnect function. 
Another solution is a replacement safe lever.  I suspect the pivot hole can be a tiny bit off which changes the position at the ends of the safe lever. 
When doing trigger work, proceed at your own risk.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Carls 1/23/2024, 11:52 am

I have a Hi-Standard Flite King LW-100 (22 short only), S/N4434XX. I've had it since 60's, great trapline tool.
Problem with trigger not engaging. When I break it down hammer is in cock position & all seems fine. Reassemble and trigger will not release hammer. Something between the trigger and hammer is messed up. Since I'm not a gunsmith I didn't tear down any further till I got some insight from the forum.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Carls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down