Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target?

+13
inthebeech
mspingeld
Schaumannk
Jwhelan939
Wobbley
Jack H
285wannab
PMcfall
Outthere
james r chapman
PhotoEscape
CR10X
mikemyers
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

While using red dot sights, do you concentrate on the dot, or do you concentrate on the target?

As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 27 ]
As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 44 ]
As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 84

As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Empty As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target?

Post by mikemyers Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Since my very first handgun, I have been taught to focus specifically on the front sight, to the exclusion of everything else.
When I got my first red dot sight, I assumed the same reasoning applied, so my concentration was on the dot.

However, another option while using red dot sights is to concentrate on the target.
(For most people, technically, both red dot and target should be in sharp focus.)
For anyone shooting red dot sights, WHILE YOU ARE SHOOTING, which are you paying attention to, and why?

NOTE:

• Either you see a red dot, with a target that moves around (meaning you are mostly "paying attention to" the dot, 
  • or you see a fixed target with a red dot that moves around (meaning that you are mostly paying attention to the target.

I don't think it is possible to concentrate on both at the same time, even though you see both.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Empty Re: As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target?

Post by David R Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:50 am

I read probably here,    Look at the X.   Its like throwing a ball, look where you want the bullet to go.  

This works for me.

I was told long ago, turn the dot so you can see through it.  Look at the X.

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target? - Page 2 Empty Re: As you shoot Bullseye with a red dot sight, are you giving your attention to the dot, or to the target?

Post by inthebeech Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:33 pm

[quote="CR10X"]"You're killing me Smalls"[/quote]

My thoughts exactly man.
I Googled this one and got 22,400,000 hits.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2