Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007

+5
Dipnet
JKR
Tripscape
robert84010
xman
9 posters

Go down

Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007 Empty Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007

Post by xman 12/25/2020, 6:59 am

Can somebody school me on the pluses and minuses of the Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007 for Bullseye? I would like to shoot with a dot.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007 Empty Re: Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007

Post by robert84010 12/25/2020, 9:37 am

I had a 602 that came with a weaver mount for a dot over the barrel. I never used it because I would not want to shoot one pistol with the dot way out front and then the 45 with the dot mounted closer to my eye, which is how I like to use them.
In general the 602 requires a tube dot sight to be mounted farther forward than most people like. You might be able to mount one of the Trijicon RMR style sights on the rear sight mount but nothing is commercially available to my knowledge. If you have machining skills that would might be a way to go. 3D printing a mount might also be a way.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 12/25/2020, 9:49 am

Pluses - ergonomics of the grip, trigger is butter, balance is exceptional, iron sites are very good, takedownis simple and all parts are very well made (beefy). Only non metal part on the gun is buffer, grips exclunded. Overall a very well made pistol and a hidden gem. No mechanical flaws, no notable breakages. New version from Chiappa is the way to go for longevity and can be had for under 1200.

Minuses - mounting red dot is limited to front of the gun and red dot cannot exceed length due to magazines are inserted from the top. Magazine from the top is a bit cumbersome, worst part of it is any misfeed and your round is jammed. You cannot just drop a mag and clear it because mag comes UP, not down. So you have to lock a slide/bolt back and clear by poking around. Other thing is that empty shell or loaded round would often drop into the grip for various reasons and you have to fish it out)) That said the gun is fairly reliable with fault mainly due to ammo.

Gun is definitely, for sure, 100% fun to shoot. As is its brother the FAS 601 in 22 short. 
I love the engineering on FAS guns. They feel and look so simply made with minimal amount of parts all in right places. No fluff. All parts look and feel quality made, again, very beefy.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 12/25/2020, 11:56 am

Tripscape nailed it perfectly!
I can comment on the 602. Nicest iron sight gun I’ve ever owned. Might not be the best choice for a dot gun.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Domino FAS 602/Chappia 6007 Empty FAS 6007

Post by Dipnet 1/3/2021, 1:18 am

I really don't need another firearm much less a target pistol; nonetheless, I bought a FAS 6007 thinking that if push come to shove and legions of cane toads were coming over the fence, I just might need another target 22 pistol.

The FAS 600 is an attractive, cleverly-engineered pistol that largely dissembles without tools into its principal components: barrel, barrel shroud, frame, and by removing one screw each, the grip, hammer, and trigger groups can be removed. The sexy ergonomic red trigger is very easy to adjust. The pistol comes with four weights that fit grooves on each side of the barrel; however, these are not heavy enough in my opinion. The bore does not appear polished and that may be the reason for the recommended break-in of 300 rounds or so. Mine is a little picky with ammo, which is a shame since the Pardini shoots everything well and the expensive stuff ridiculously well. The 6007 may do that; I just need to finish breaking it in.

Negatives: it is really easy to pinch the hell out of yourself between a cross pin located in front of the leading edge of the slide cocker. The stock has zero finishing relative to taking off sharp corners which bite into thumb knuckle and base of wrist. However, a little careful sanding and re-stippling fixes that.

I have an idea for making a testing frame for shooting pistol from vice to see how accurate it really is and for ammo testing. I can also visualize several ways to mount a red dot on front barrel shroud for those wanting or needing one. Contrary to the opinions of others, I do not thing mounting a red dot here will make the balance too front-heavy. It is worth noting the iron sights are excellent and fully adjustable. While I am not through evaluating it yet but I believe the pistol has a lot of potential, especially for $1200. The manual is vague but has lots of pictures to make up for fuzzy interpretation. The pistol comes with a nice case, tools, three mags, and a cleaning rod. I will post more as I learn it. Dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

slita likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 1/3/2021, 5:18 am

Are parts and service going to be an issue?  Just sayin'.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 1/3/2021, 6:36 am

Dipnet. 
Do you think the new gun is equal to the older 602 and 607? Your experiences with it will be interesting to me. 
My 602 was very fussy about ammo as well. Parts were also an issue. At that time I found the spare parts I needed from Potters in Australia and Larry’s. I too wonder how it will be with Chiappia.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 1/7/2021, 8:43 am

Love my FAS607. Biggest regret is that I found websites with overhaul parts kits and magazines when I first got it and they've all evaporated since I wanted to get them.
I've found that the pistol does NOT like the sloppy and extra long OAL of standard CCI. But it shoots cheaper CCI sub-sonic HP exceptionally well without incident. Sloppiness on CCI OAL can be very evident with the HP bullets, some having deep HP dimples and others looking like RN.
Ergonomically the only thing I really dislike is that it's difficult to engage the bolt lock.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slita 4/28/2023, 1:50 pm

Quick question for Dipnet.......Did you figure out the red dot mount for the FAS 6007? Thanks. Steve

slita

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 4/28/2023, 3:27 pm

I would think someone could come up with a DOT mount like the one on my SSP. Basically remove the rear sight and machine a pic rail to fit. My avatar pic shows my SSP.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down