Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C M Machine Customer Service

+2
zanemoseley
Allen Barnett
6 posters

Go down

C M Machine Customer Service Empty C M Machine Customer Service

Post by Allen Barnett 2/22/2021, 6:23 pm

Was not sure where this best goes, either here or in General Discussion but here goes.  For those who are familar with the Hammerli Frame Adapters that C M Machine makes I thought you might be interested to know about their outstanding customer service.  I recently bought a used 1911 Frame Adapter for my Hammerli X-esse from a member of this forum.  True to my nature I stripped out one of the screws and contacted CMM to find out the screw size.  Turns out that is metric and not obtainable locally.  Discussed my options with them and they stated that they would repair the adapter free of charge, my only cost would be shipping.  I thought wow this is great!  I asked about turn around time and was told the repair would be done within 24 hours upon receipt.  Now that is coustomer service you don't find hardly any where these days! Will update with a final report when the repaired grips are returned.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

C M Machine Customer Service Empty Re: C M Machine Customer Service

Post by zanemoseley 2/22/2021, 6:30 pm

Now if we could just get them to make products people are asking to buy. They haven't made frame adapters for the 208/215 in a good while despite being asked repeatedly.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/22/2021, 6:57 pm

For a gun that has been out of production for a gun that has been out of production for how long?
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 2/22/2021, 7:14 pm

You're right companies should quit making parts for vintage cars as well.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 2/22/2021, 7:23 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Now if we could just get them to make products people are asking to buy. They haven't made frame adapters for the 208/215 in a good while despite being asked repeatedly.
As of mid last week, we are up to 16 on his list. We just need interested individuals to email him.
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/22/2021, 7:42 pm

zanemoseley wrote:You're right companies should quit making parts for vintage cars as well.

If you look at true vintage cars (e.g Duesenberg's, Packard's, ect.) parts for those are typically one off custom pieces. Stuff out of Detroit clearly is a different game. A 208 is more of a Duesenberg than a Barracuda. 

Look at it from a business perspective, tie up 10-20K in assets for a set time to make a complex product (if it wasn't complex more than one company would make it) with an extremely limited market? Honestly don't blame them. If it was easy you would have already done it.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 2/22/2021, 7:59 pm

I wonder if the set they make for M1 can be modified to fit. I know a couple of parts, Magazines, and Firing pins from the M41 can be made to work for the 208. Keefer said the M41 and the 208 had many similarities.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 2/23/2021, 6:22 am

CM Machine is a great company. They've helped me a few times.

Re:Cars - You can't get many, (if any) parts for a 30 year old car at a new car dealership. Or find a technician at a dealership who might have ever rebuilt a Quadrajet carb, either.
Outthere
Outthere

John McCormick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 3/1/2021, 4:33 pm

Well here is the update on the repair of my grip adapter from C M Machine.  Shipped it on the day of my original post (Monday 22 Feb) and received the repaired adapter back on Saturday 27 Feb.  That was 6 days including the mail time, can't beat that with a stick.  Also they included 2 sets of screws and new grip tape for replacing/removing twice.  They did this for a grand total of nothing, not even return postage.  That my friends is great customer service!

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down