Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules question

+7
sbtzc
LenV
Wobbley
chiz1180
Sa-tevp
SteveT
Schaumannk
11 posters

Go down

Rules question Empty Rules question

Post by Schaumannk Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:05 pm

And I ask this, because there are people here that probably have the rules memorized, and I am not sufficiently motivated to read thru them myself right now.  
Also it has finally gotten quite warm here.  

Is it legal to wear a camelback while you shoot?   

I’m having a lot of trouble staying hydrated on the line, and getting insufficient time to drink during the breaks.   Especially in an all day 2700.  Thought that even if it wasn’t legal I can put it on and wear it down and back to score the targets.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Rules question Empty Re: Rules question

Post by SteveT Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:47 pm

I can't think of any reason it would not be allowed, unless you are wrapping it around your wrist for support.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:56 pm

SteveT wrote:I can't think of any reason it would not be allowed, unless you are wrapping it around your wrist for support.
Thanks Steve.    I am reaching the age where I don’t like having to make the choice between visiting the bathroom, and staying hydrated.    The matches out here in the west, are generally six hour marathons, at high altitude, and I lose my mojo about half way thru center fire.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Being in Georgia this seems like an odd concern, as I am used to always having water near me and sipping before and/or after score-and-repair to stay ahead of being dehydrated. Getting behind the curve once during the 45 match in the summer was enough to convince me dehydration was a really bad idea.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:Being in Georgia this seems like an odd concern, as I am used to always having water near me and sipping before and/or after score-and-repair to stay ahead of being dehydrated. Getting behind the curve once during the 45 match in the summer was enough to convince me dehydration was a really bad idea.
I think you would be amazed at how fast you dehydrate in hot dry windy conditions at high altitude.  You sweat but it evaporates so quickly, you don’t realize it.   You can’t stay ahead.  Come out here and try it some time for six hours with no lunch break    We eat after.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:36 pm

How much water per a 900 does that work out to be to keep from becoming dehydrated or stay even?
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:48 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:How much water per a 900 does that work out to be to keep from becoming dehydrated or stay even?
Kinda hard to tell, but best guess,  a pint and a half.   Maybe a quart on really bad days.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Off hand I can not think of a rule that prohibits, but not sure if it could be detrimental to stance. Especially now that summer heat is here I am drinking significantly more fluids during a match. I had 4-5 waters during the 1800 I shot today and probably could have had a few more.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:54 pm

Don’t overhydrate either.  In very hot dry arid conditions 1 liter per hour should be fine.  Rules question C068b110
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:58 pm

As I have found out the hard way, when dealing with hot, dry conditions, stay away from the caffeine and sugar.    It just aggregates the problem.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:29 pm

I like to think I know a lot about some things. And a little about everything else. I can guess but don't really have a clue what a camelback is. Where I shoot we have water bottles, coffee thermos or cup on the bench beside a plate of Roddy's cookies. Or doughnuts.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:35 pm

LenV wrote:I like to think I know a lot about some things. And a little about everything else. I can guess but don't really have a clue what a camelback is. Where I shoot we have water bottles, coffee thermos or cup on the bench beside a plate of Roddy's cookies. Or doughnuts.
A camelback is a backpack water bottle type thing often used by hikers. 

as an aside matches that have cookies, donuts, and/or coffee are awesome
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Mountain bikers freeze their Camelbacks. It cools them as it melts and keeps them from quaffing too much water too fast.

A wet bandana or towel around your neck will help with cooling. If your body isn't so hot it doesn't need as much water. Staying cooler keeps one more alert as well.

Salty snacks help with water retention rather than pissing it all away. (Anything to stay out of those stinking vault toilets. No )

Gatorade. Freeze it and drink as it thaws.
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 am

While they will not help with hydration, I find these products help with staying cool in hot weather.
https://www.froggtoggs.com/accessories/cooling-products

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Maybe I can ask this here.  I have gotten to wearing a one pound arm weight every time I practice at home.  It is in no way a "stabilizer" or brace - just something that goes around my arm and adds weight, the goal being to build up my strength.  I've also started wearing it at the range.

Does this violate any of the rules for matches?

I know there are wrist stabilizers which are an entirely different product.  This does nothing but add weight.  Or do I just show it to the people running the match, and let them decide?

(I'm getting tired of getting tired because of the weight of some of my guns, and I've found in the past that the best solution was to wear a weight for most of my practice sessions - when I remove it, the gun feels like it's made from plastic.  :-)   )

Rules question Screen97
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:19 pm

I would think so long as you don't wear it in the match you would be fine. Frankly I would think that's when you want it off for it to then feel light.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm

mikemyers wrote:Maybe I can ask this here.  I have gotten to wearing a one pound arm weight every time I practice at home.  It is in no way a "stabilizer" or brace - just something that goes around my arm and adds weight, the goal being to build up my strength.  I've also started wearing it at the range.

Does this violate any of the rules for matches?

I know there are wrist stabilizers which are an entirely different product.  This does nothing but add weight.  Or do I just show it to the people running the match, and let them decide?

(I'm getting tired of getting tired because of the weight of some of my guns, and I've found in the past that the best solution was to wear a weight for most of my practice sessions - when I remove it, the gun feels like it's made from plastic.  :-)   )

Rules question Screen97

You can't wear that during a match but you can train with it.  Training with it is the reason you are using it in the first place.  It's so you can build up strength so you do not become fatigued as the match goes on.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down