Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to This Group

4 posters

Go down

New to This Group Empty New to This Group

Post by smed31@comcast.net 6/6/2021, 10:53 am

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to say that I am a longtime shooter of various disciplines but as I get older I am looking to get back into bullseye.  Using information gleaned from the very knowledgeable folks on this forum, I recently purchased a HS Supermatic Trophy from Simpson Ltd.  The pistol looks to be little used and retains approx. 98% bluing and was manufactured in Hampden in 1971 or 72.  I noticed that they have listed a large number of HS pistols that are import marked from Germany.  I also recently noticed many other German import marked HS's listed on Gunbroker as well.  Anyone have any idea what the source (agency or organization within Germany) of these guns is?  The Simpson Ltd. fellow was very helpful to work with getting info on the HS I purchased but not very forthcoming on it's source.

Thanks.

smed31@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

New to This Group Empty Re: New to This Group

Post by Wobbley 6/6/2021, 12:54 pm

Way out on a limb here,...but there were likely US Military recreational clubs in Germany that had a selection of HS target pistols.  These were likely disposed of in Germany rather than repatriated.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UnGe 6/6/2021, 1:11 pm

With recent amount of supply I really hope prices can drop at least a little from their current crazy level. OTOH it seems collectors have unlimited supply of money...

UnGe

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 6/6/2021, 1:24 pm

I personally left 2 of them in Zirndorf. I had my arm twisted by members of my team.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by smed31@comcast.net 6/6/2021, 5:52 pm

Thanks for the responses.  That makes as much sense as anything.  Particularly since some of you have first-hand knowledge of shooting them in Germany.

smed31@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down