Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving guns in cars

+19
Toz35m
Skid
Colt711
sbtzc
weber1b
james r chapman
john bickar
apipeguy
CrankyThunder
CO1Mtn
-TT-
willnewton
valbern67
xman
Wobbley
SingleActionAndrew
sklarcpa
zanemoseley
chiz1180
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leaving guns in cars - Page 2 Empty Leaving guns in cars

Post by Guest 7/31/2021, 9:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Due to the location of my current home base, for every Bullseye Match I attend I have to stay at least overnight, usually in a hotel. It has been my habit to always take the cased guns with me to the room every night primarily to ensure that they don't get stolen from the vehicle. Sometimes that gets tiresome on an extended trip.

I've never had a vehicle broken into in USA - maybe I've just been lucky?

What do others think about this issue?

Back to top Go down

Leaving guns in cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Leaving guns in cars

Post by CO1Mtn 9/13/2021, 8:36 am

I saw a guy at this one match who had a guitar case converted into a pistol box. It was a really awesome case and had an American flag painted on the outside. He also dressed like a rock star so the disguise was perfect. The inside of the case was the foam cutout where everything fits perfectly in its slot cut out. I want to make something like that.

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 9/13/2021, 9:19 am

CO1Mtn wrote:I saw a guy at this one match who had a guitar case converted into a pistol box. It was a really awesome case and had an American flag painted on the outside. He also dressed like a rock star so the disguise was perfect. The inside of the case was the foam cutout where everything fits perfectly in its slot cut out. I want to make something like that.

I see a lot of those cases where the person uses a indoor range and lives in an apartment.  Especially AR’s  the person doesn’t want anyone living around to know they have one.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 9/13/2021, 5:43 pm

I know a couple of rifle shooters that built false bottoms in the back of their pickup (with a sealed cover) or SUV, 

carpeted the top and looking over in the back of either the SUV or pickup window,  you would never tell,  
(you could still see part of the humps for the wheel wells in the pickup)

open the tailgate or back door, and you had a sliding drawer that pulled out to carry your stuff on one side, and open on the other
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Leaving guns in cars - Page 2 Empty How does this prevent theft?

Post by jjfitch 9/19/2021, 10:07 am

CO1Mtn wrote:I saw a guy at this one match who had a guitar case converted into a pistol box. It was a really awesome case and had an American flag painted on the outside. He also dressed like a rock star so the disguise was perfect. The inside of the case was the foam cutout where everything fits perfectly in its slot cut out. I want to make something like that.

Nobody ever steals guitar cases from automobiles!

Smiles,
jjfitch
jjfitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2