Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drill Time for 22 EIC First Shots

4 posters

Go down

Drill Time for 22 EIC First Shots Empty Drill Time for 22 EIC First Shots

Post by Soupy44 4/21/2022, 10:27 pm

The BE App has 1 and 2 shot drills of 2 and 4 seconds. Which would be considered better for practicing your first shot from low ready for 22 EIC strings?

Right now, 2sec seems too rushed, even as a longer term goal or to push myself to go faster. I take too many rough shots with it. But 4sec is way too comfortable.

Guess I'm curious which a few of you HM shooters would use.

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Drill Time for 22 EIC First Shots Empty Re: Drill Time for 22 EIC First Shots

Post by straybrit 4/21/2022, 11:23 pm

I'm not a HM - but I have stayed in the same Holiday Inn as one.

I use the 4 second timer for 2 shots. That gives you the first shot and the recovery - which, after all, you use 4 times as much. I don't sweat it if I don't get the second shot off. My aim is to consistently get a clean second shot in the black.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 4/22/2022, 8:27 am

Download the Bullseye match app. It has a drill timer from 1.5 secs to 20 secs in 0.5 secs intervals. Very adjustable.
Oleg G
Oleg G

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 4/22/2022, 8:35 am

Not a big fan of one/two shot drills. In my experience they cause really good first and second shots, but then shots 3-5 tend to fall apart. For the 22 EIC lift thing (an official term exists in international land, not well versed in their terminology), the best thing to do is dry fire. You want to lift the gun and have the shot break right as the sights glide into the center of the target. I have a reduced air pistol target that I use to train for this at home. When I go to the range, I shoot complete rapid-fire strings, ideally on turning targets (in a match a consider time-fire to be pretty much the same thing as rapid, no need to have different focus/pace for TF and RF). When shooting also be sure your position to the target is as perfect as possible, helps keep things centered.

I'm not a HM, nor did I stay at a holiday in last night, but I have won some 22 EIC matches, last one was a 284-9x, the above is how I prepare for those matches.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down