Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New concept for revolver shooters

3 posters

Go down

New concept for revolver shooters Empty New concept for revolver shooters

Post by PMcfall 6/16/2022, 5:09 pm

revupaction.com

Although not legal for Distinguished Revolver, it would work for shooting one in our regular 2700's.  According to the owner, a single action version and a hammer with a spur will be forthcoming.   Definitely different.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

New concept for revolver shooters Empty Re: New concept for revolver shooters

Post by Tripscape 6/16/2022, 7:13 pm

Nice to see someone developing new technologies for revolver market. I wish they had worked something for hammers with firing pin attached.
Looks like their concept is to elongate hammer sear so you get maximum lift in first half of the trigger travel and then basically roll remaining travel with hammer almost in place.

Tripscape

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 6/16/2022, 9:07 pm

Iv'e pulled the trigger on one of Warren Moore's guns. I have since ordered and received one of these kits, but not yet installed. Currently only offered in N frame guns with the firing pin within the frame and DA only. As an FYI, I have Warren's Stick Shift and his windage adjustable front sights for Bianchi Cup NRA AP applications. He has a stellar reputation and does very good work.

The main spring controls the hammer fall weight and the initial trigger pull weight. Once the main spring is compressed/bent then the final movement of the trigger and hammer and its pull weight is determined by the rebound spring weight. Thus the trigger press weight can have an initial pull of about 5-6 lbs, then as trigger is pulled further it drops to about 2.5 - 3 lbs depending on rebound spring used. Kit comes with several rebound springs, an extended Firing pin and new strain screws. I think he has a couple different main springs in the package too.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 6/16/2022, 11:06 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:Iv'e pulled the trigger on one of Warren Moore's guns.
So the connection to the mainspring is something that the smiths of the old ways used to do, but differently.  Essentially they took the original mainspring and shaved off on its sides to give it lighter pull, then bent the top last about 1/4-1/2 inches by about 20-30 degrees.  
Can you please confirm the way the hammer sear is situated on new vs original?  Looking at the design more it seems that the hammer sear is bent more inward to apply pressure toward the end of the trigger sear hook.  This accomplishes faster hammer lift, but also situates sear more toward the end of the movement once all the heavy lifting is done.  From that point you are just dragging the remaining way across a flatter portion of the trigger sear.  Smart!

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 6/17/2022, 11:28 pm

Tripscape wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:Iv'e pulled the trigger on one of Warren Moore's guns.
So the connection to the mainspring is something that the smiths of the old ways used to do, but differently.  Essentially they took the original mainspring and shaved off on its sides to give it lighter pull, then bent the top last about 1/4-1/2 inches by about 20-30 degrees.  
Can you please confirm the way the hammer sear is situated on new vs original?  Looking at the design more it seems that the hammer sear is bent more inward to apply pressure toward the end of the trigger sear hook.  This accomplishes faster hammer lift, but also situates sear more toward the end of the movement once all the heavy lifting is done.  From that point you are just dragging the remaining way across a flatter portion of the trigger sear.  Smart!
His kit comes with a completely new hammer. I'll call it the stirrup because I don't know the technical name, but his stirrup, where the main spring hooks on, is much different than the factory stirrup. Much longer. In essence, it appears that he has completely re-engineered the geometry of those components. Unlike most revos in DA mode, especially Colts, his DA trigger actually gets much lighter toward hammer fall. 

Even though I have purchased one, when I install it and set it up, I would want the pull to be consistent throughout the pull. Warren claims this can be done with using the proper adjustment on the strain screw, to adjust main spring energy, then picking the proper rebound spring. Personally, I don't see getting lighter at the end as being a benefit. My feeling it that it may reel one into relaxing the grip slightly at a critical time.  If you happen to be a SA shooter, IMO his kit offers no advantage, even when he comes out with it. A good smooth DA is obtainable already in the 7-8 lb range and a crisp SA is obtainable in the 2-3 lb range now. His 5.5 then 2.5 lb DA pull may have merit for some. 

I had a Sandy Garrett  NVGW Python that had a 5.5 lb DA and one of his Ruger's with a 6.5 lb DA. I never shot either any better than my Sandy Garrett S&Ws with 7-8 lb DA .  I am a believer of tighter the grip, the tighter the group. Too light on the trigger, causes me to relax that grip.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 6/18/2022, 12:34 am

I had Warren do the trigger on the Smith i used to go Distinguished and DA it pulls right at 7 lbs. Had Sandy do a Python trigger for me back in the 80’s and it is sweet but didn’t use it cause its a 4” barrel. My Smith is headed back to Perry this year with a friend, hope he legs with it.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 6/19/2022, 1:08 pm

New concept for revolver shooters 20220611
Here is what comes in package. Hammer, extended FP, two different length strain screws, 3 rebound springs. Instructions.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down