Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry?

4 posters

Go down

Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry? Empty Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry?

Post by Chase Turner 6/27/2022, 10:29 pm

Hello,

Perhaps I've missed it on the program, but I was wondering if there was going to be a competitor feedback meeting at Perry this year. Does anyone have the scoop on whether there will be one or not?

Thanks,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry? Empty Re: Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry?

Post by SteveT 6/28/2022, 12:12 pm

I have no inside info, but that was an NRA meeting. I don't remember CMP having one last year. NRA did have one at Atterbury.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry? Empty Re: Competitor Feedback Meeting at Perry?

Post by james r chapman 6/28/2022, 1:21 pm

Jim Henderson has been very responsive to queries involving CMP pistol.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 6/28/2022, 7:21 pm

If I recall correctly, last year the CMP sent out a competitor survey. Could have been for their air matches though, a lot has happened between then and now.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Turner 6/28/2022, 8:41 pm

Just wanted to make sure if there was an opportunity to chat with the CMP personnel about the future plans/state of the sport that I wouldn't miss it.

Agree, Jim H. has been great!

My two wishes, for anyone wondering why I'd like to chat with the CMP in an open forum and see what other competitors thought, and gather feedback:

1) Include a Short Course match as separate and distinct from a club match, which is the only way one is presently able to shoot on reduced targets for record. Justification: The short course records should be considered differently than full course, in the same way 22 only is considered separate and distinct from CF/45 match records. What's needed: a change in a database table to allow for the new value, and potentially new or updated scorecards.

2) Include a bubble for "Revolver" as firearm of choice in a match. Justification: here again, wheel guns are different enough in form and function that it is very much like the difference between aluminum v wood bats, or wood v carbon fiber golf club shafts. I also believe it would challenge shooters and draw more interest in our marksmanship sport, as well as considering records as stand alone from the bottom feeders that dominate. What's needed: a change in a database table to allow for the new value, and potentially new or updated scorecards.

Thanks,
Chase

Chase Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down