Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN)

4 posters

Go down

Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN) Empty Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN)

Post by Upper40 8/18/2022, 8:10 pm

FYI...just rec'd a message from the DVOR site that the Sightron S30 5 MOA scope will be available (again). I bought one a while ago but when I learned that the red dot was nowhere near 5 MOA sold it.  Maybe the new version will be a true 5 MOA?  Here is the DVOR link:

https://www.dvor.com/sightron-s30-5-red-dot-electronic-30mm-sighting-device.html

Makes no difference since I recently bought a couple of NOS Burris XTS-135 (5 MOA) 30mm scopes and really like them using the Burris "one ring" mounting system on my action pistol revolvers.  I like the Burris XTS-135 so much that I will be buying another and selling my Ultradots in the future...nothing wrong with the Ultradots - the Burris just fits my needs better.

Upper40

brdrgrd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN) Empty Re: Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN)

Post by Jon Eulette 8/18/2022, 8:17 pm

I liked the few Sightron 30mm I tried. I liked the fact that the dot ran small. No negative magnification sold me on them over the UD. Glad to hear they’re available.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Upper40 and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN) Empty Re: Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN)

Post by swissyhawk 8/18/2022, 8:39 pm

I just received one today from optics planet.  I was a little disappointed with the dot.  It didn’t appear very round to me.  I’m thinking of sending it back.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Upper40 8/18/2022, 9:23 pm

swissyhawk wrote:I just received one today from optics planet.  I was a little disappointed with the dot.  It didn’t appear very round to me.  I’m thinking of sending it back.

I'm sure you are aware of astigmatism....still don't understand why red dot manufacturers don't include info about the condition with new red dot scopes.

Upper40

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 8/18/2022, 10:34 pm

swissyhawk wrote:I just received one today from optics planet.  I was a little disappointed with the dot.  It didn’t appear very round to me.  I’m thinking of sending it back.

Go to the dark-er room, turn on dot, take a closeup photo of the dot (no flash). Enlarge. More often than not it is perfectly round. It's our eyes that are not.

Tripscape

knightimac and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Upper40 8/19/2022, 5:26 am

Tripscape wrote:

Go to the dark-er room, turn on dot, take a closeup photo of the dot (no flash). Enlarge. More often than not it is perfectly round. It's our eyes that are not.

Also heard that you could use your smart phone camera to view the dot?..or punch a pin hole in a piece of paper and look at the dot through the hole.  I know the paper hole trick corrects vision for anyone normally wearing glasses.

Upper40

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 8/19/2022, 5:17 pm

Here's picture of the Sightron S30 dot and an UD Gen 2 dot.  Both pictures were taken with my I-phone.  Both obviously look very round.  However, when I look through them, the UD appears as a round dot while the Sightron looks like a star burst or a bug splat on a windshield.  I'm not sure why one would appear round and the other wouldn't.  I did notice the Sightron dot seems to have a higher intensity than the UD.  The dots were made to appear about the same in the two pictures, but the Sightron was set at 4 while the UD was at 9.

Sightron S30
Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN) Sightr10

UD Gen 2
Sightron S30 5 MOA Red Dot Pistol Scope (AGAIN) Ud_gen10

swissyhawk

SonOfAGun and Upper40 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Upper40 8/20/2022, 5:27 am

A couple years ago before I became aware of my  astigmatism I bought a quality Burris red dot and the dot appeared blurred as compared to a less inexpensice Tasco red dot. Finally took a red dot to my eye doctor and a had a prescription made looking through the test equipment...now all dots look round!

BTW: I have (2) Burris XTS-135 red dots and the brightness level per clicks are different on each...even with battery swaps etc.  Guess they have their own personality. Smile

Upper40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down