Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P 210 trigger weight and loads

4 posters

Go down

P 210 trigger weight and loads Empty P 210 trigger weight and loads

Post by orpheoet Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:13 pm

Well I couldn’t pass up a good deal on a new P210 Target. I know I was skeptical about the changes to the design a few years ago but others seem to be having success with it so down the rabbit hole I go. I need to know how to get the trigger up to 4 lbs and what are some good loads. Also does anyone make a serrated front sight? BTW I’ve tried searching the sight…..
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

P 210 trigger weight and loads Empty Re: P 210 trigger weight and loads

Post by RoyDean Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:32 pm

From 2 years ago:-

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13576-sig-210-a-anyone-trying-one?highlight=P210+trigger  

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t14295-sig-p210a-changing-the-trigger-return-spring-sear-adjustment?highlight=P210+trigger 

P210-A (USA made) target model trigger is nice, but too light for CMP EIC Service Pistol. Follow Tim Ovaert's excellent guide and it is relatively easy to put a heavier return spring in to fix that. Dawson Precision sell various width front sights, got the narrowest one and it improved the sight picture for me. OEM target grip was too big for my medium hand, several options available on line, but I had to sand down even the thinnest in order to get a comfortable solid grip. Shoots OK with good ammo now.

My favourite recipe was 147JHP bullets over 4.3 grains of Power Pistol producing about 920fps.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:59 pm

Thank you RoyDean for the links. The pistol lifts 3.5 lbs easily so hopefully bringing it up won't be too difficult. I have a boatload of 147gr JHP with 4gr of N330 that I'm going to try this weekend. Fingers crossed.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

P 210 trigger weight and loads Empty ...

Post by tovaert Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:16 pm

I second what RoyDean said. About anything 147 gr that gets MVs in the 900 fps range in that Sig factory 1:10 twist barrel is pretty good in that gun with the stock (captured) recoil rod/spring assembly, which unfortunately tends to break. I designed (and offered for sale) a custom recoil rod assembly and springs that permitted spring interchangeability, but I don't have any left (and not planning on making any more). I'm happy to share my print and spring specs., if anyone wants to make one. 

With the custom guide rod, you can use heavier recoil springs available from a couple of sources (Sig and Cajun Gun Works), and that improves group size. It tightens up the lockup a bit.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:36 pm

I would like one of those custom guide rods.
No idea where to get one made.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:27 am

bmize1 wrote:I would like one of those custom guide rods.
No idea where to get one made.
The material is inexpensive and easy to get (McMaster Carr). The person who machined them for me passed away unexpectedly. He did excellent work and did not charge an arm and a leg. Perhaps someone here on the forum has that capability (lathe and milling machine).

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down