Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol

4 posters

Go down

Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol Empty Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol

Post by lanjo Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi All,

I am asking for recommendations on an electronic target system for pistol.  Something like what the rifle shooters use so the don't have to go 600 yards down range to pull targets. Looking for the following...

Will register live fire hitting the target at 50 and 25 yards. Not like a Mantis-X system that estimates barrel movement at the time of the shot.
Is large enough to allow to use the official 50- and 25-yard bullseye targets.
Works for 45, 38 and 22.
Will relay the score to a tablet using an App for recording score.
Does not need to be precise enough for official competitions, or Olympic level events.  Just practice.

My idea would be to go to the outdoor range and set up the target and shoot all day recording my shots without having to do down range to score targets.  Then go down at th end of the day to collect the taget.  Also the App will tally by score and save me recording time as well.

Anything exist out there? What is the best system that others have used?

Best,

Joe

lanjo

Back to top Go down

Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol Empty Re: Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol

Post by shoot308 Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Scat WS1, I use it for pistol and rifle.

shoot308

Back to top Go down

Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol Empty Re: Electronic Target System for Practice - Pistol

Post by Dcforman Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:57 pm

WS1 is dry fire only. The MX-02 and the MX-W2 would work. My experience is that they are relatively accurate (at least with air pistols), but not perfect. Shots can be a full scoring ring off occasionally, especially if you jerk.

What you really want is a Sius S101, I think. Nonidea what they cost, though.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:49 pm

Here is a recent discussion about e-target options on TargetTalk

https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=65933&hilit=sius
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down