Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minox Spotting scope update

2 posters

Go down

Minox Spotting scope update Empty Minox Spotting scope update

Post by troystaten Sun Jan 29 2023, 01:41

In several of the earlier threads I said I was pleased with my Minox MD50 spotting scope, unfortunately I have to revise that praise.  Mine was in it's soft case and it rolled off the shooting bench (my fault) and it broke in half.  The part that holds the focusing ring to the back of the scope is made out of plastic and it sheared in half so now I have a two piece scope.  Too bad the scope has decent glass but the construction leaves a bit to be desired.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Minox Spotting scope update Empty Re: Minox Spotting scope update

Post by mikemyers Mon Jan 30 2023, 19:44

Have you tried this?
Minox MD50

My old Redfield Spotting Scope is on its way back to Redfield because of a problem that should not have happened.  Worth a try.
mikemyers
mikemyers

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Mon Jan 30 2023, 21:15

Thanks Mike, I have reached out to Minox but not MinoxUSA so I will try that.  I am not sure if I registered the scope.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Jan 30 2023, 21:28

That shouldn't matter - but you could register it right now and explain this in the cover letter you send them.  That's what I did.

If it fell, and it was in its protective case, it should have been more rugged.  If it fell on soft ground, explain.  I think they'll repair or replace it for you at no charge, especially if use the MinoxUSA contact.

I tried to call Redfield, but the page said to just send the scope, so I shipped it two days ago.  If you bought it from a reputable firm, I would notify them as well.  It never should have split in two the way you describe....   in my opinion.
mikemyers
mikemyers

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Wed Feb 01 2023, 00:58

Looks like the Minox USA website is no longer functioning. I will try writing them.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down