Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull

3 posters

Go down

SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull Empty SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull

Post by pfeathers Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:02 am

On my 41, I have noticed, depending upon how I grip the pistol, unbeknownst to me, my thumb can touch the safety and produce a slight movement towards the safety on position.  If there is any movement on the safety, I find that the trigger pull is very heavy.  It's a real problem when you are ready to shoot a shot and it has extremely heavy pull.  I suppose I can develop a habit to pushing the safety off before I shoot a shot or string.

Are there any mechanical solutions to this that people have found to work?

pfeathers

Back to top Go down

SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull Empty Re: SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull

Post by Stewboy Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:14 am

The safeties on both of my 41s (vintage and new) are so stiff that I would have trouble budging the safety at all with my thumb, even if I were trying. You should be able to tighten up the safety mechanism, however, by removing the grip and tightening up the screw on the safety lever.

Stewboy

Back to top Go down

SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull Empty Re: SW 41 safety causes heavy trigger pull

Post by Pinetree Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am

KC Crawford helped me with the problem of the safety flopping around and becoming engaged.

Remove the left grip, remove the screw and the little Z shaped spring steel piece that rides against the lever, and put a little kink in it.

Pinetree
Pinetree

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down