Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusion frame for 22 conversion

3 posters

Go down

Fusion frame for 22 conversion  Empty Fusion frame for 22 conversion

Post by expendable Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 pm

I did a search and it looks like the experiences with Fusion are hit or miss, none of the posts I read though where of people using them as a frame for a 22 conversion. 

Brownells has there complete frames on sale for $404, I was wondering what people think of using it as a dedicated frame for my Nelson conversion.

expendable

Back to top Go down

Fusion frame for 22 conversion  Empty Re: Fusion frame for 22 conversion

Post by Cmysix Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:35 pm

My Father lived not far from Fusion, He had a NM barrel and bushing, and a Remington Rand slide left over from his shooting days so he wanted to put together a Bullseye pistol for me, We got a fusion frame(under $300) and he had some small parts and the rest I got from Wilson combat, we assembled the  gun and sent it to Clark for a trigger job and to get "tightened up" Clark would only do a trigger job, They said they could find nothing to tighten! My Father was very impressed with the frame!
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:35 pm

Caspian receivers are $235 up depending upon the frame. I'd be on one of those way before a fusion..Caspians are made to be fit to the slide

jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by expendable Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:17 pm

jglenn21 wrote:Caspian receivers are $235 up depending upon the frame.  I'd be on one of those way before a fusion..Caspians are made to be fit to the slide

True, but the Fusion is a complete frame with everything installed and the Caspian is bare when I purchase everything to finish it it’s quite a bit more. 

Have you had a bad experience with Fusion?

expendable

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:33 pm

expendable wrote:
jglenn21 wrote:Caspian receivers are $235 up depending upon the frame.  I'd be on one of those way before a fusion..Caspians are made to be fit to the slide

True, but the Fusion is a complete frame with everything installed and the Caspian is bare when I purchase everything to finish it it’s quite a bit more. 

Have you had a bad experience with Fusion?
I have seen posts just ripping Fusion, The place we dealt with was the Florida location, Naples I believe, they staked the slide stop spring tube on the pistol for free and my father in his old age got slide stop stuck some how? and Fusion fixed it for him free, nice people!
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:33 pm

I prefer to use my choice of internal frame parts verses all fusion or any single vendor. The fusion parts I  used years ago were  not  very consistent. I do use their slide stops on occasion.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:46 pm

jglenn21 wrote:I prefer to use my choice of internal frame parts verses all fusion or any single vendor. The fusion parts I  used years ago were  not  very consistent. I do use their slide stops on occasion.
The Fusion frame I bought was bare, no requirement to buy with their small parts
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down