Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning!

+8
SingleActionAndrew
SaraiEsq
Al
Sa-tevp
Olde Pilot
mbmshooter
Thin Man
PhotoEscape
12 posters

Go down

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Empty One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning!

Post by PhotoEscape Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:00 pm

I don't even know where to begin - I and we all have lost one of the best and nicest human been and top 10 precision shooters!  It is devastating and unfair!

I got to know Philip while attending his Clinic in spring of 2020.  We became friends then, and Philip was curious about Aperture Rings.  Once he tried, he became early adopter and supporter.  We have stayed in touch ever since.  He was always the most supporting person, this gentle giant!  And always polite and greeting with a smile and always adding "Sir!" to greeting! 

I feel, that I lost part of myself!

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Img_6418

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Milenfive, Sc0 and Olde Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Empty Re: One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning!

Post by Thin Man Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:52 pm

This is a terrible loss.

Thin Man

Olde Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Empty Re: One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning!

Post by mbmshooter Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:I don't even know where to begin - I and we all have lost one of the best and nicest human been and top 10 precision shooters!  It is devastating and unfair!

I got to know Philip while attending his Clinic in spring of 2020.  We became friends then, and Philip was curious about Aperture Rings.  Once he tried, he became early adopter and supporter.  We have stayed in touch ever since.  He was always the most supporting person, this gentle giant!  And always polite and greeting with a smile and always adding "Sir!" to greeting! 

I feel, that I lost part of myself!

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Img_6418

AP

I echo your feelings!  Phil was definitely one of the warmest, most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure AND HONOR to know.

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:08 pm

I know I'll be only one of many, many tributes to Phil, but I feel obligated to express my sorrow at his passing. I was not his intimate, just an acquaintance. But, I was around him enough over the last 10 years to know him as a fine, humble man. I'll always remember this many-time Police and Bullseye champion helping prepare and serve lunch to us at Mid Carolina Gun Club. God bless his soul and his family. RIP.  Crying or Very sad

Russell Gill

Olde Pilot

jglenn21 and Hawkja like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:32 pm

Sad news. I got to shoot next to him a few times and as well as being a great guy, he kept me laughing throughout the matches. A wonderful sense of humor.

Stephen
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:17 pm

We are indeed diminished.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraiEsq Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:18 pm

A gentleman indeed, to be missed.

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Nra_pi10
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:16 am

Condolences for the family and friends

Last edited by SingleActionAndrew on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:25 am

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Img_9310
One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Img_8010
One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! Img_0110
When I got that call this morning, I was driving and had to pull over. I still have a heavy feeling in my chest.
I had the pleasure of meeting Philip at my 2nd or 3rd match.
I shot between he and Mr Charlie that first day and I had no idea who he was other than a friendly guy with a firm handshake.
Over the last 7-8 years, he came over and shot with us every chance he had and brought Mr Charlie and Lamar often.

After we shot together a couple of times, we found we had a lot in common other than shooting and we have spoke or texted regularly since. He was always there to help with advice and encouragement.
Our conversation usually wandered from shooting to grandkids and then turkey or squirrel hunting.
We had several conversations about the blessing GOD had given us and am happy to know he woke up this morning in Heaven.
I am honored to call him a friend.

He will be missed……..

bmize1

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 am

I often spent time in his shadow.
RIP, Great One.

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! 1380fd10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:01 pm

Condolences to his family.

I’d been meaning to call him to talk bullseye. This was on my mind regularly, life was getting the way. I regret not following up with him immensely.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:07 pm

https://www.ssusa.org/content/legends-philip-hemphill-1952-2023/
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfire Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:08 am

When the CMP was running 2700 Bullseye Matches, Phil shot in one of the Talladega matches, and shot an outstanding 22lr match that day. I got his permission to get a hard copy from the range.

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! OamtSYz

this is Phil's at the end of the 22lr Match, on a 25 yard reduced target. His 90 shot composite group is nicely centered.

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! J7nmpNq

this was the 22lr he used that day

One of the best ever left the range - Philip Hemphil suddenly died this morning! EQ5WbJU

Slamfire

SingleActionAndrew and Thin Man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down