Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Laser Training System

5 posters

Go down

Best Laser Training System Empty Best Laser Training System

Post by JGW006 Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:27 pm

There are several laser training devices / products / systems available (Strikeman, LaserHit, MantisX, Mantis Laser Academy, and others).  For those of you who have used them, what are your recommendations?  Pros / cons of the various ones that are available?

JGW

JGW006

Back to top Go down

Best Laser Training System Empty Re: Best Laser Training System

Post by SteveT Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Without question the BEST is SCATT. The only other system I've used is a Mantis, which is good, but you get a lot more information from the SCATT. Is it worth several hundred more dollars? that is up to you.

I guess really the best system is the one you can afford that get's you to practice more than just dry firing.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Foundryratjim and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JGW006 Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:38 pm

Steve, I looked up SCATT ….  Wow.  An amazing tool but out of my $ range.

JGW

JGW006

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:58 pm

Mantis is a grea tool. Just be aware of how it operates. It does not care where you aim. It reads positioning milliseconds before, during and after the click of the hammer. For under $200 it is the best value on the market for the type of feedback data it provides.  It is not aiming control, it is purely trigger control.

Tripscape

sbtzc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:04 am

SteveT wrote:Without question the BEST is SCATT. The only other system I've used is a Mantis, which is good, but you get a lot more information from the SCATT. Is it worth several hundred more dollars? that is up to you.

I guess really the best system is the one you can afford that get's you to practice more than just dry firing.
Noptel might just argue that initial point.(smile)

I use and coached with Rika, as well.

I haven't spent any time with any of them in the last few years, but there are several threads with pros and cons.  I'm not sure about the others, but Rika used to have the download available, so you could look at all the features while you tried the program on your computer.  Other than Mantis, I don't know about phone/tablet use for any.  They are pricey, except for the Mantis, but you have to evaluate what you can afford.

Now, the note I always like to provide.  The best use for the electronic trainers is to learn how to better "SEE" your shot process with your eyes through your sighting system.  Watching your shot process and learning to see it as it unfolds and then comparing it with the electronic version can do that.  After I learned that point, the only real advantage of the trainer was in aggregate reviewing.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:01 pm

Strikeman is an aiming and trigger control tool. You use your gun in your hand.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down