Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Handed Shooting

4 posters

Go down

Two Handed Shooting Empty Two Handed Shooting

Post by rckendall 1/16/2024, 1:26 pm

Hi again, I recently posted that I was preparing for Bullseye Competition with my local club. Our matches are not sanctioned and have classes for rimfire and center fired, one and two handed shooting. I will be using two hands and spelled out my reasons for doing so. I am 78 and have no visions for excellence, mainly improving my skills.

I did receive response to my post and was encouraged to do it the right way! I understand that position but today in searching for information on "as issued" class of competition I discovered that the NRA actually has a class for two Handed shooting. For some reason the class is named  ONE OR TWO HAND PROBATIONARY PRECISION PISTOL MATCH, so even the sanctioning body recognizes that some people just want to shoot for the experience and use the method that they are familiar with. 

I rest my case. (all in good fun)

rckendall

Steve K and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Two Handed Shooting Empty Re: Two Handed Shooting

Post by Steve K 1/16/2024, 3:45 pm

I run our local club's Bullseye matches and it is very relaxed.   Bullseye is a dying sport so in order to attract  more shooters I changed the course to shooting three National Match Courses where  shooters can use a 22 for the entire 90 round course or use .22, centerfire, and .45 and either one or two handed shooting is allowed.  However, even with these modifications attendance is still small.   The bottom line is "Come out and have fun".

Steve K

bruce martindale, John Dervis, x90rider, rckendall and wjwillia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Washed Up Newbie 1/16/2024, 6:47 pm

The winter league in my state offers classification for one or two handed shooters. Two handed shooters compete against other two handed shooters. I believe it allows older shooters to continue to shoot as well as newer shooters to build some skills before transitioning to traditional one handed. That has allowed 2 of my kids to learn grip, sight alignment, and trigger management while gaining skills and confidence. Hopefully they will transition to one handed in the future. If they do, they will have some of the basic fundamentals and can focus on the rest.

Washed Up Newbie

John Dervis, x90rider, Gustavo1957, msmith44, JRV and rckendall like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 1/23/2024, 1:15 pm

A local club has a match called, "Cowboys and Indians". Bow archers vs pistol shooters. They use a NRA 50 ft indoor target. A hit in the black scores a "10", and anything outside the black is a "O". Pistol shooters can use one or two-handed shooting.
It's my first time shooting for score with two hands.
Having trouble repositioning for two-handed semi-auto shooting, so any suggestions are appreciated! From initial fumblings, I may just shoot it one-handed!
Open to ideas!
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by rckendall 1/24/2024, 8:45 am

jwax wrote:A local club has a match called, "Cowboys and Indians". Bow archers vs pistol shooters. They use a NRA 50 ft indoor target. A hit in the black scores a "10", and anything outside the black is a "O". Pistol shooters can use one or two-handed shooting.
It's my first time shooting for score with two hands.
Having trouble repositioning for two-handed semi-auto shooting, so any suggestions are appreciated! From initial fumblings, I may just shoot it one-handed!
Open to ideas!
Interesting! You bring up a good point, that we only know what we practice. My handgun experience has been with USPSA so I only know two-handed shooting. And even with that, I am finding that I need a lot of practice to shoot the B-16 target at 25 yards, and do it well. I have been practicing 2 or 3 times a week for several weeks now and can only sometimes not have any misses.

I do feel that this practice takes nothing away from my need to defend myself or others if the situation ever arose. Practice and dry firing is my suggestion.

rckendall

jwax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down