Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?

+11
jareds06
Toz35m
L Valdez
Wes Lorenz
chiz1180
james r chapman
BE Mike
bruce martindale
RoyDean
Wobbley
NDAR15MAN
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?   - Page 2 Empty How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?

Post by NDAR15MAN Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:22 am

First topic message reminder :

How many Bullseye competition shooters do you think are in the USA ? Competition meaning big national , regional , State matches and the small local gun range matches that might have 6 local Matches a year. ? Just a rough idea ? 
Thanks. MD

NDAR15MAN

Back to top Go down

How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?   - Page 2 Empty Re: How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?

Post by Rotwang Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:53 pm

Wobbley wrote:Here is the breakdown of competitors for a “Area Match”.  There are over 500 competitors.  For the Phoenix Mid Winter Classic there are 70?

[i]https://i.servimg.com/u/f26/19/14/74/76/img_0417.png[/img]

The Area Match is a USPSA match comparable to a regional bullseye match.  The divisions there range from equipment that you can buy at the local gun or sporting goods store all the way up to fancy stuff that exceeds the cost of a decent bullseye setup.  Action Pistol is Bianchi cup type shooting and the attendance at the local matches is very low.  Action pistol requires the accuracy of bullseye while shooting faster and drawing from the holster.  USPSA shooting is more speed than accuracy, but you do have to be able to hit the target.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?   - Page 2 Empty Re: How many Bullseye competition shooters in USA ?

Post by CrankyThunder Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:02 pm

Ok, I have reviewed all the posts and i respectfully suggest that everybody is missing the target here.  Myself included although I am trying my best.  

We are not recruiting good.  Matter of fact our marketing program is lousy to put a good spin on it.  

Granted, I post on local forums for new shooters and get a couple of nibbles every month, but I do not follow up every day.  I print out flyers and give them to the membership chairman at the four gun clubs I am a member of.  Do I follow up and see that they are handed out to new members?  Unfortunately, I need to be there personally to make sure they are delivered.  I post fliers at the local gun stores, adjacent gun clubs that do or do not hold bullseye competitions, and post them at the IdPA ranges at the gun clubs I am registered to and the adjacent gun clubs that I am not registered to.  I invite fellow competitors at one gun club to come check us out at the other gun clubs I compete at.  

I could do better but I am trying the best I can.  And I am getting some success, not as much as I would like but a small number of show ups every year.  

What are you doing?
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Fezzik68 and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:35 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:What are you doing?

Running at least 26 matches a year and helping out at probably two dozen more, plus usually running one clinic a year.

I'm not a "rah rah" recruiter type. I run well-organized matches and leagues, and I can lead you to water if you already have some experience in Bullseye. I have realized that I can't do it all.

I do actually shoot from time to time as well. Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

DA/SA, Bmitch996, Dan Webb and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:47 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:What are you doing?
I am on the board of a local club, deal with club politics to allow matches and leagues as well as maintain the target equipment. In that same club I run 5-6 matches a year as well as a week night league for about 25-26 weeks of the year. 

I also run another league another range for 20 is weeks a year. 

I am also a trustee for my state organization and help run(occasionally run) four state matches at multiple ranges across the state.

I do make it a point to try and shoot at as many matches in the state as possible/practical and at least one outside the state as well. 

Support your local matches and clubs. Join clubs in your area that support bullseye. Carpool with friends to matches further away.
chiz1180
chiz1180

john bickar, DA/SA, Dan Webb and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2