Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

52-2 TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT

4 posters

Go down

52-2  TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT Empty 52-2 TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT

Post by nmbuzz 5/20/2014, 3:47 pm

Trying to figure out the best method of INCREASING the pull weight on a 52-2.  It is currently barely a 2lb break.
To my knowledge it has never been worked on.  I would like to get it closer to a 3lb break or at the very least legal at 2-1/2lbs.
Do the springs weaken over time creating this and if a new spring is needed where would one look for it.  Thanks in advance for
any help.        NMBUZZ
nmbuzz
nmbuzz

Back to top Go down

52-2  TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT Empty Re: 52-2 TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT

Post by LenV 5/20/2014, 5:10 pm

There are 2 things you could try.The first one is to slightly tweek the sear spring.A small bend (or replace it) in the spring towards the sear will increase trigger pull. The second choice is to replace the mainspring with a slightly stronger spring (a new one would be stronger) .It took me about 30 sec to find a replacement sear spring when I googled 52-2 parts.The main spring is tougher. I never found one,but I gave up easy.

Len  (Numrich Gun Parts for the sear spring)
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 5/21/2014, 7:36 am

From my experience replacing the springs will not solve the problem.  You're going to have to get the hammer and sear re-worked to make the minimum trigger pull.  Wolff has hammer springs for the 52.  That was the first thing I tried a couple of different times to make it "easier" to try and make weight.  Long story short I had to re-cut the sear and replace the hammer to get the weight to a legal minimum.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba Blaster 5/23/2014, 4:48 pm

Bend the sear spring,that solved my similar problem.

Bubba Blaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down