Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol League?

+13
willnewton
243winxb
Ed Hall
davekp
Vern
orpheoet
Aprilian
jmdavis
Fire Escape
AllAces
Wobbley
LenV
bpm990d
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pistol League? - Page 2 Empty Pistol League?

Post by bpm990d Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is this a common occurrence? I've been around competitive shooting since the late 80s and every league I have seen, has been on a night at a time that makes sense to accommodate rather than exclude. I find out that the local club has a pistol league and I really want to participate.  bounce bounce bounce

Then I find out that the line goes hot at 5:30pm and they only shoot one relay.  Like a lot of people, I have a job and kids. pale 

Are they afraid of missing the early bird special at Bonanza? I'm thinking there is literally no one of working age that shoots in the league. Every time I have ever come across stuff like this, it makes me want to stear clear.

B

Last edited by bpm990d on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

bpm990d

Back to top Go down

Pistol League? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pistol League?

Post by james r chapman Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:58 am

Warhorse wrote:The club I belong to shoots indoor from October till April. Every Tuesday from 5:00PM till 9:00PM

50', 10 shots slow, 2 strings of 5 shot timed fire, 2 strings of 5 shot rapid fire. Repeat again for 60 shot total. It is a league competition.

Makes it easy for folks still working, as well as us old retired guys. Smile

This is 'warhorse'
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:55 am

I'm really looking forward to league this year. I have always been a Duck (U of O) fan but for the last 5 yrs have shot on the Corvallis team (home of the Beavers). This year because the Eugene team was short on shooters I was able to switch to that team. I mention this because I am having BerryHill (Andrew) make me one of his custom grips. The grips have a large Duck logo made into them. Going to be fun. Smile

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:54 am

Mike38 wrote:...
I think three of us stepped on some toes last winter, so it looks like no Bullseye league for us this year.
Start one, or take over running the original.  Make it informal, at least at first.  Our league has swung from three to over fifteen through the years, with completely new members running everything at times.  No dues other than club membership, (occasionally a collection for range parts), no on-paper competition, we shoot an indoor 900 in about an hour per relay, score our own targets after the relay, turn the scores in for posting under our initials, if we want to.  Currently, one of our shooters doesn't even turn in a score, but he shoots with us.  Some of our guys are always trying to outdo each other as to how bad they're shooting (smile), others are there to fire 90 rounds and go have dinner at a local restaurant.  We run under NRA rules, but only inform, rather than strictly enforce (other than safety - which is strictly enforced).

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warhorse Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:35 am

james r chapman wrote:Mike38, where are you???
Warhorse and you?
Jim, I  reside in Taylor.

Warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:56 am

Warhorse wrote:
james r chapman wrote:Mike38, where are you???
Warhorse and you?
Jim, I  reside in Taylor.

Ahhhhhh, love the range,
Hate the stairs. Lol
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2