Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nu Finish + Tumbling Brass

+12
PMcfall
Chase Turner
14S&W
Shootist007
BE Mike
Wobbley
Magload
Sevens
farmboy
jglenn21
Gary Wells
retfed
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nu Finish + Tumbling Brass - Page 2 Empty Nu Finish + Tumbling Brass

Post by retfed Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Been using Nu Finish in my tumbler for a long time. Did a search here for Nu Finish, with no results.

I add about a capful when I change out the corncob, or when cleaning seems to take longer than expected for the shine I want. But it is so thick, it glogs out, and it's almost impossible to "stream" into the running tumbler. I'd like to thin it out to get better distribution in the tumbler.

You apply Nu Finish with a damp cloth to a car, but it sure won't dilute with water.  Mixed some 50/50 with mineral spirits but it :curdled in the bottle and looked like cheese curds (after being stored for a while).  

I tried to contact Nu Finish online, but couldn't Find a spot, except under "questions?  read the "FAQ's section". Anybody have better luck with a "magic" solvent??  

Retfed

Email  SCLOU171@gmail.com

retfed

Back to top Go down

Nu Finish + Tumbling Brass - Page 2 Empty Re: Nu Finish + Tumbling Brass

Post by djw1cav Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:00 pm

Chase,
I had a stuck pin last year.  If I remember correctly, I found it when reloading but was concerned about having the problem you described.  So, I tried wet tumbling without pins.  Its soooo easy.  Tumble wet, rinse, dump on a dry towel then let it dry for a couple of days.  The only downside is that the brass is not shiny.  (I don't care about shiny brass so this works for me.)
Doug

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:03 pm

I am going try wet tumbling without pins.  The only reason I use pins is to clean the primer pockets.  I also had a pin stick in a case, it actually got stuck cross ways in the primer pocket.  I seated a live primer on top of it, couldn't figure out why the primer didn't seat properly.  Fortunately, I had sense enough to pull the bullet, and then I could see the pin in the flash hole.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2