Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software

+21
weber1b
rodney
-TT-
clark2245
Joe Morgan
Wes Lorenz
David Donley
fc60
TonyH
cdrt
kgwhite
bdutton
jmdavis
J.Ack
ChipEck
farmboy
carykiteboarder
fpk
CR10X
Ed Hall
Rob Kovach
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software

Post by Rob Kovach Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,

Attached is a full version of John Dreyer's "Tournament" software.

I discussed putting a free version of the software on the forum with John's widow and she thought it was a great way to extend John's legacy.

There are a number of very smart software developers on the forum and I'm hoping that bugs that John never got around to fixing can be fixed here with updated versions that are more compatible with current MS Excel versions could be posted and supported here on the forum by the members. Just add any bugs to this thread and add new versions to the thread with v.mm-yy as the version number with the mm being the month and the yy as the last 2 digits of the year.

The following conditions of use apply and are considered accepted by anyone who downloads the file(s):

• the software is not to be resold
  • no one shall profit from future versions based on the original code
  • future versions will always be known as "John Dreyer's Tournament"
  • The password to unlock the formulas is jd111

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9cu8hulj8o2njj/Tournament.exe?dl=0

Also, let me know if anyone has trouble with my dropbox link.....

Last edited by Rob Kovach on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty Re: John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software

Post by -TT- Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Tournament 2.0 runs ok on Office 2016. When it starts up, the window title states "Compatibility mode" automatically. So, I don't think you strictly need the newest Office. But I'm not sure which older Office versions do have issues.

Office 2010 just went out of support, by the way, so there are several reasons to upgrade, now.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty StatOffice8>22700

Post by rodney Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:26 pm

I need a copy of StatOffice solfwear.  The 2013 copy of StatOffice 8.1 will not function without problems .  Help is appreciated due to the upcoming Bullseye 2700 season starting. Rodney

rodney

Back to top Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty Re: John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software

Post by weber1b Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:18 pm

So I am taking over running the 2700 matches at my local club. In copying the tournament software from the prior match director, and downloading it from here, I am having an issue. The add-in that he sees at the top of his Excel bar does not appear on mine and therefore I cannot start the process. He did mention some other software he needed to install to make that all work but cannot remember what it was. I am also getting a bunch of error messages regarding the macros etc. Can someone point me in the right direction?

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:03 pm

Make sure you have a recent version of Excel.  The more recent versions are more "back compatible" with some of the StatOffice versions.

Make sure that you can find where on the start up page (usually just under your tool bar) or in Excel that you can accept and run the macros in the program.

There is a little glitch in StatOffice 7 with new Excel when running macros, but just hit "continue" and the sheet will resume.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:19 pm

So if all I have is the spreadsheet and have not loaded StatOffice, that could be simply the issue. I was thinking they were totally unrelated software.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Are you going to be the new Bullseye Pistol director at Arnold R&P Club?

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 pm

I am not familiar with the Tournament versions, as the earlier StatOffice did everything we ever needed. 

You need the StatOffice Excel spreadsheet.  It is generally titled "StatOffice (number)"  It will produce a scoresheet in excel as an export item that is usually titled "Bulletin (date)".  

You should just be able to open the "StatOffice?"  Excel spreadsheet and allow the macros to run.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Blsi2600 wrote:Are you going to be the new Bullseye Pistol director at Arnold R&P Club?
At least the 2700 portion, yes.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by daneferrari Tue May 16, 2023 5:51 am

Has development been abandoned and have you had time to make a macbook version?
daneferrari
daneferrari

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Tue May 16, 2023 10:02 am

daneferrari wrote:Has development been abandoned and have you had time to make a macbook version?

The first message of this thread has more information on that...

The software runs within Microsoft Excel, and it does run on modern Excel versions without too much fuss, but it's definitely not plug and play. Many match directors run it within a virtual machine by the way. I am not sure if anyone runs it successfully on a Mac.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by AlEg Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:29 am

I updated the VBA code in Tournament to make it run on my Office 365 Excel on a 64-bit Windows 10.
Prior to this change it would not start due to VBA-code that was only for 32-bit Windows.

It seems to be running fine.

If anyone interested in this version or in the changes I made (I documented them all), give me a shout.

AlEg

n9911c likes this post

Back to top Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty yes please!

Post by winterneuro Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:46 pm

AlEg wrote:I updated the VBA code in Tournament to make it run on my Office 365 Excel on a 64-bit Windows 10.
Prior to this change it would not start due to VBA-code that was only for 32-bit Windows.

If anyone interested in this version or in the changes I made (I documented them all), give me a shout.

I am very interested!  Can you please share? Smile

winterneuro

Back to top Go down

John Dreyer's "Tournament" Match Director software - Page 3 Empty Tournament to make it run on my Office 365 Excel on a 64-bit Windows 10

Post by Wes Lorenz Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:39 pm

AlEg wrote:I updated the VBA code in Tournament to make it run on my Office 365 Excel on a 64-bit Windows 10.

Greetings,
I would appreciate a copy. My email is highmasterblaster at gmail dot com

Thank you,
Wes

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlEg Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:39 am

winterneuro wrote:

I am very interested!  Can you please share? Smile
PM sent

AlEg

Back to top Go down

Post by AlEg Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:40 am

Wes Lorenz wrote:

Greetings,

Thank you,
Wes
PM sent

AlEg

Back to top Go down

Post by winterneuro Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:05 pm

AlEg wrote:
Wes Lorenz wrote:

Greetings,

Thank you,
Wes
PM sent

I don't have enough posts in the forum to thank you privately in response to your message.

So,

I got the files, thank you very much!

winterneuro

AlEg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3